• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.com is selling New 3DS XL

ZeroCDR

I noticed today that Amazon.com themselves have started selling both the Red and Black New 3DS XL's for MSRP, thought this was worth a thread considering they haven't stocked Nintendo hardware for a long time. It doesn't look like they're selling any other Nintendo hardware at the moment.

I searched and didn't find anything, so If old, please lock!

www.amazon.com/New-Nintendo-3DS-XL-Black/dp/B00S1LRX3W/

JB2448

I guess it really was worth a new thread.
Yeah, and since Amazon started selling them directly, sales for the system in both colors have gone up significantly (from triple digits to double digits in bestseller ranking number for the black model, to be more precise). Hopefully this also applies to future Wii U SKUs or, barring that, NX.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Amazon has had them for a little while now. The "beef" seems to be related to system launches.

Will probably pick one up if Nintendo doesn't announce the New 3DS for North America at E3.

foltzie1

My guess is Nintendo finally complied with their shipping regulations for the NA branch.
Good thing because more retailers = more potential sales.

The assumption was that Amazon was not happy with the screen line/scratching issue with the 3DS systems, or at least Amazon was not happy that their customers were not happy.

It's really bizarre to think that Amazon US had stopped stocking Nintendo products. I used to buy a ton of stuff from Amazon UK while the shipping was still free.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Well here's hoping that if the Animal Crossing New 3DS XL gets announced for the West that I can preorder here instead of that fuckawful online in store shit at GameStop.

It's really bizarre to think that Amazon US had stopped stocking Nintendo products. I used to buy a ton of stuff from Amazon UK while the shipping was still free.
Well as another poster stated, the original 3DS were getting scratched during delivery. Amazon was not happy and asked Nintendo to change the packaging. Since neither side budged, they just stopped selling their hardware.

After buying two n3DS systems, I figured the packaging met Amazon's requirements but Nintendo I guess didn't get around to submitting the design to Amazon until this month.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
As a matter of fact, Amazon.com (US branch) selling Nintendo hardware after the scratching screen debacle already happened, but it didn't last that long. This time, it seems they're still selling them. Maybe they finally reached an agreement, after all...let's see how long this will last.

Top Bottom