• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway Unfolded - PS Access gameplay video

jacobeid

Banned
Whaaaaaaat. I'm gonna watch this now.

I bought Tearaway day one on Vita with absolutely no regrets. GREAT game.

eA8l4vd.jpg

... They couldn't wait one more week? Seems bizarre that they'd choose right now to show off an old 2014 build of the game.

DirtyLarry

eA8l4vd.jpg

... They couldn't wait one more week? Seems bizarre that they'd choose right now to show off an old 2014 build of the game.
Perhaps this was calculated and done intentionally? Release the old build, so when the new build is shown in a week, it is that much more impressive.

slowpantz

Neo Member
Looked good, adored the Vita version so this is a no brainer for me. Hopefully I'll be able to draw good enough on my DS4 Touch pad.

Mandelbo

As much as I enjoy Tearaway... I hope it doesn't get too much time at E3. I really want to see what MM's new project is instead!

Carl

As much as I enjoy Tearaway... I hope it doesn't get too much time at E3. I really want to see what MM's new project is instead!

We know they're announcing their new project this year so i'd be very surprised if it isn't at E3

This is rather commendable of Sony and MM, not giving up on the IP despite underwhelming sales (to say the least) and trying to get the audience it deserves. Love this game, will buy it.

I'll have to show this to my son when I get home. He loved the Vita version so much.

I should send photos of all the stuff he made/drew to Media Molecule. He was obsessed for awhile. He even made a headband like Iota's.

AmuroChan

Why would I ever buy a Vita if all games that it has will eventually come to the PS4?
But yeah, damn this looks great

Why buy any PS4 or XB1 game if all their games will eventually be remastered for PS5 and XB2?

I thought MM said it wasn't the same as the Vita game?

It's not, and it can't be to begin with. Some of the mechanics can't possibly work with a controller.

wallets am cry

ill get this on disc and r&c so i can lend it to my little nephew after im done with them, i fear what other games ill want will be announced before and in E3

I will happily double dip barring any crazy problems with the game. The Vita version is my favorite game on that system and one of my favorite 3D platformers ever. It really nailed the sense of charm and wonder that I typically associate with Nintendo and yet it seemed totally unique and unlike anything else. The aesthetic of the game is absolutely gorgeous.

gruenel

Looks like this game is worth double dipping after all. If you can even call it that, it seems quite a bit different from the Vita version.

Sony has no games right guys? Great lineup sony is churning out.

They're not coming out in the holiday season though so they don't count.

I adored this game on Vita. Was legitimately one of the best games I had played that year, so original and interesting. The music alone is worth it. Will be rebuying this on PS4 day one. Dont even know if its a remake/spin-off or a port, but I'll get it regardless.

daveo42

Banned
Watching now. Even if it is an old build it looks pretty great so far. I'm more curious at how they shake things up with the DS4 over the Vita since the back touchpad was actually well integrated into the original game. While I'm glad this is coming to PS4 and more people will have a chance to play it, everyone should play the original. One of the best, touching and unique experiences in gaming in a good long while.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Going to go in fresh, just like I did with the Vita version. If they can maintain the creativeness and charm of the Vita functionality with the PS4, which is my main concern, it'll be a must own for any PS4 owner. I am glad there's going to be so much different content as well so it's not just a remaster and that this IP is getting a real shot on PS4 instead of Vita.

Shin-Ra

Ancient build.. but it already looked amazing.

I hope there's lots more 60fps gameplay footage from E3, not just a new trailer.

Top Bottom