• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

amiibo: Mii, R.O.B., Duck Hunt Dog, Mr. Game & Watch and more coming out soon

small.png
small.png
small.png
slide01.png

During the special Super Smash Bros. presentation held by M. Sakurai, plenty of new amiibos were announced. As you can see from the picture, Mii fighters are coming as well as R.O.B., Duck Hunt Dog, Mr. Game & Watch and Falco. It seems they will be out in September.

Mr. Game & Watch has interchangeable poses.

Oh, Roy and Ryu are coming too.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I'd love a R.O.B. but I'm not about to deal with being awake at 3am for a 10 minute preorder window, camping out for 6 hours, or scalper prices to get one.

DrArchon

I'm betting the Miis and Falco will be relatively easy to find in stores. The other three will be impossible of course. Something about "demand greatly exceeding what was predicted".

Wonder which ones will be retailer exclusive.

I would love to have Duck Hunt and R.O.B. But i have given up a long time ago. If i see it on amazon i´ll order them, but i´m not going to waste a second hunting them or even staying up late.

Same goes for Ryo.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Well, I have too many friends who are hardcore amiibo hunters for all of these ones to slip through my fingers. As much as I try to resist buying amiibo, I will still be picking up Duck Hunt, Mr. Game and Watch, and then Lucas and Ryu whenever they come.

Can't bring myself to open any of the ones I have; wonder if I should buy a second set of Splatoon ones...

HUELEN10

Oh god, Sakurai said interchangeable GW...

What if GW has different poses at different retailers??!?!?!?!?!?

Ansatz

I'm glad the Smash amiibo line is coming to an end. Also nice to see Mii Fighters there for collectors who want a complete set. I'm getting the Duck Hunt Duo and Game & Watch from these.

Getting hold of ROB and Mr Game & Watch is going to kill me, I would not be surprised if they are by far the rarest Amiibos ever. You just know that some bean counter at Nintendo is going to assume nobody knows who they are and assign a print run that barely hits 4 digits worldwide.

Regiruler

So you can get a good deal in every market besides America of course. :p

And you can change them from base to base.

Honestly, I expect this bullshit by now.

But the base is standardized among the smash lineup.

This probably only came about because he's piss-easy to manufacture, so they throw in more in the box.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Broken heart if I miss:
- Duck Hunt
Angry if I miss:
- Game & Watch
- R.O.B.

Just wake me up when September ends so I don't have to deal with the pain.

Suppossing they are the ones for august, they are my most awaited ones. Im going to kill to get all 4 (although only one rob for me lol).

Mr G&W having different poses is genius. And they all look amazingly well done, they've been improving quality as time passes.

Zomba13

Well I need me that Falco and going by Fox he should be easy to get. Need me a Ryu too, he'll be hard. Of course Lucas and Mewtwo. And Roy, need a complete FE collection. And ROB and G&W and Duck Hunt are like, legacy characters and cool so I need them too.

eh? I'm just trying to insinuate that the character ballot submissions could mean more characters, and aslong as they arent just mii costumes they will come with amiibo.

My dream is for Wonder Red to win the ballot, get in Smash and have an Amiibo. Like, that is my lifes dream. If that happens I can just die when I get it because I know my life won't get any more wonderful. I'll unite up with Red Amiibo in my coffin and be at peace.

Top Bottom