• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CRYTEK: Robinson The Journey announced

legacyzero

Banned
http://www.robinsonthegame.com/
Via Crytek Brand Manager Com_Raven's Twitter

Go beyond boundaries in Robinson: The Journey, a brand new virtual reality game from Crytek. Harnessing the power of CRYENGINE, Robinson: The Journey will offer players an unparalleled sense of presence in a game world as they assume the role of a young boy who has crash-landed on a mysterious planet. With freedom to explore their surroundings in 360 degrees of detail, players will become pioneers by interacting with the rich ecosystem around them and unearthing incredible secrets at every turn.

CHi970eWwAAdtpL.jpg:large

Phazon

Go beyond boundaries in Robinson: The Journey, a brand new virtual reality game from Crytek. Harnessing the power of CRYENGINE, Robinson: The Journey will offer players an unparalleled sense of presence in a game world as they assume the role of a young boy who has crash-landed on a mysterious planet. With freedom to explore their surroundings in 360 degrees of detail, players will become pioneers by interacting with the rich ecosystem around them and unearthing incredible secrets at every turn.

http://www.robinsonthegame.com/

Ubersnug

Sounds interesting enough. Which VR family will it be playable with though?

Xater

Neither the site, nor the press release mentions a platform. I could see this showing up at Sony today.

KORNdoggy

morpheus hopefully. and oculus ect of course. hopefully not one of these VR headset exclusives :/

they're not even out and i feel like they're fucking up any chance of this kicking off in a big way. and by "they" i mean the guys making games exclusively for specific headsets.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wooo, lots of interesting VR games showing up.

Now I just want to try final hardware. I adore using the DK2 but, man, I can't stand wearing it for more than 15 minutes at a time. Plus I still run into issues with lenses fogging (improved by stuffing micro fiber cloth around the lenses but not perfect) and the fact that playing it in a warm environment is so uncomfortable.

mcz117chief

I have a VERY VERY bad feeling about this. This will probably turn out to be another Robinson's Requiem, a game where you play the biggest hypochondriac in the galaxy. Oh, the horrible memories...

But maybe it will have nothing to do with it...

"Platform" as in singular? Don't do that shit :/

Seriously. I think publishers are getting a little ahead of themself. They should be happy when all VR plattforms combined make up a market big enough to make a profit.
That some are already announcing VR-plattform exclusive titles is beyond ridiculous to me, and I think it could hurt VR as a whole.

UnrealEck

What's the framerate target typically for VR? Is it some sort of interpolation on Morpheus using 60 FPS? I'm wondering because Crytek are known for their cutting-edge graphics.

Mask

Neat. Though I saw the name and thought it was going to be like a VR version of that old Amiga game, Robinson's Requiem.

PJV3

Oh, the platform. Singular. Not another VR exclusive, come on!

This VR thing is already going places with all the exclusives.

It's making me hesitant to dive in, I was thinking of getting Morpheus day 1 but I think I might hold off for a while.

Top Bottom