• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ION Trailer - Dean Hall's (DayZ) New Game

From the creator of “DayZ” and inspired by the cult favourite “Space Station 13”; “ION” is an emergent narrative massively-multiplayer online game in which players will build, live in and inevitably die in huge floating galactic constructions as humanity makes its first steps colonizing the universe. Technology from Improbable allows ION to have a massive interconnected universe with fully simulated environments such as power grids, air pressure and heat; all to help stave off the unending vacuum of space. First on PC and Xbox One Game Preview Program.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_yq6zUzfnE

Piers

... cmon don't spread bullshit.

image.php

It's truuuuuuuuuuuueeeeee!!

But seriously, it has whiffs of 22cans and Godus.

mothball

This sounds like a safe project with a completely manageable scope and it's backed by a high quality developer known for his passion for delivering on his promises. I can't wait to support this on Early Access!

This sounds like a safe project with a completely manageable scope and it's backed by a high quality developer known for his passion for delivering on his promises. I can't wait to support this on Early Access!

Haha, pretty much how I feel about this.

afroguy10

Well I love Space Station 13 so if it's anything like it and I can be a mime changeling and kill everyone by swapping the oxygen in atmospherics for a deadly can of plasma then I'm all for it, was burned on DayZ though so I'm gonna keep an eye on it first.

mnannola

People are rightfully raking this guy over the coals for abandoning his game before it left Early Access. He is also coming back with a new Early Access game no less. Pretty Ballsy.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
I wish I could submit a steam refund for DayZ. Total garbage and it will never
never be anywhere close to a polished, bug free, solid experience. He'll never get a penny from me again.

demolitio

A year later, we hear he's moving on to his next project that he's always dreamed of making but is only now finally possible to achieve thanks to the lessons he learned from ION.

Sounds interesting but it's going to have to be complete before I even think of looking at it to buy.

afroguy10

ITT: Butthurt DayZ players, and no talk about the actual game.

Cool, well I guess the idea of the game sounds fantastic, don't know if they'll be able to capture the spirit of Space Station 13 with it since it almost has it's own character just from becoming so hacky and cobbled together in BYOND over the years.

I love SS13 because even with how clunky it is you get used to and end up loving the obtuse controls and combat, the weird character types like the clown, mime or tourist, the strange banter between players and the bugs but I guess he's going to make his own thing which is what I'd prefer.

The thing I'm most excited about is someone finally getting money behind them to complete an SS13 remake, since I started playing SS13 like 3/4 years ago I've seen tons of attempted remakes crash and burns as soon as they got to simulating atmospherics or power systems or by getting new jobs or starting families so I'm hoping with an actual paid team behind him, Dean can actually make the modern SS13 we all want.

Dean also plays SS13 quite regularly, can't remember his characters name though so he's obviously a fan and the callouts to SS13 in the trailer show that what with the wrench floating through space at the start having the Nanotrasen logo on it. I'm not ready to write him off just yet and I hope he has the passion to put himself completely into this game but I am going to keep an eye on it before buying.

Top Bottom