• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider on Nov 10th, really?

dmr87

wOyb.jpg
vOyb.jpg

We all saw the announcements, Tomb Raider is going to move out of the way right? Or are there enough diversity in both audience and game?

The holiday sales season is nearly 2 months. Both games will have enormous marketing budgets. They will be fine.

Its stuff like Just Cause 3 releasing after ALL of them that may struggle.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Doesnt matter, they're all so close to Black Friday that you'll just wait a couple weeks to get them 33%+ off

Kyoufu

Crystal Dynamics said Tomb Raider is a different kind of game so they're not worried.

Personally, even if I had a bone, I'd still only buy Fallout 4 because it'd take me a while to finish the game. Buying both on the same day would be silly.

Edit:in regards to Rise of the Tomb Raider

MS not in anyway going to pull it now that theres a date for thier 'exclusive'

it is crazy-but its staying-will be decimated by FO4 saleswise

Does everyone really have to play and finish every game the day they release? Is the need to consume and experience that strong?

Yeah, I love the way both of these games are looking this year... But I will have a hard time imagining me going in $120 for both day 1. I'll likely wait for a Black Friday deal for TR, unless they do move it away. I hope they do but this is not unprecedented or anything.

RoKKeR

Yeah I'm not sure about RoTR's date, wonder if t will be moved.

That being said I'm excited for Tomb Raider, but the decision to go on the same day as the biggest game of the year is baffling.

RulkezX

People can buy more than one game per month, or shock horror there are probably people not interested in Fallout or TR.

mephixto

Banned
Fallout 4 it's gonna sell tons of copies across all platforms, I wish good luck to Eidos and his exclusive deal, they gonna need it.

MiguelItUp

Why not both?! I think the same thing is happening with Phantom Pain and Mad Max, lol. I guess I should probably use some of my vacation time to put a few dents in them.

KaYotiX

Banned
Yeah, I love the way both of these games are looking this year... But I will have a hard time imagining me going in $120 for both day 1. I'll likely wait for a Black Friday deal for TR, unless they do move it away. I hope they do but this is not unprecedented or anything.

U need GCU, everyone needs it! 20% off new games. No brainer.

hamchan

Oct 23: Assassin's Creed
Oct 27: Halo
Nov 3: NFS
Nov 6: CoD: BO3
Nov 17: Battlefront 3

It'll face competition whatever date they choose I guess.

Toki767

By the time you finish Fallout 4, Tomb Raider will probably be half off.

They should probably move it up a week though. Puts it right in between Halo 5 and Fallout 4.

UberTag

Concurrent releases are less of a problem around Black Friday. November is like the one month where you can get away with it.

It's more of a problem for a game like Mad Max shipping alongside Phantom Pain on September 1st.
Or Xenoblade Chronicles X trying to win over JRPG fans if Persona 5 ships alongside it in December.

That being said, I'm not at all convinced that Xbox One fans will flock to an exclusive Tomb Raider installment in the way that Crystal Dynamics would like... regardless of when it releases.

As I said before, RIP Tomb Raider, being sent out to the wolves without a bow. I'm sure in the end it will do fine with bundles and all that though.

Oct 23: Assassin's Creed
Oct 27: Halo
Nov 3: NFS
Nov 6: CoD: BO3
Nov 17: Battlefront 3

It'll face competition whatever date they choose I guess.

It could easily go against NFS IMO, but I don't know if they can rush that much.

DOA completely send out to die, have people seen what is launching in that small time?

Fallout 4 on the same day.
Black Ops 3 4 days before it.
Battlefront a week later.

Personally, I am not into Bethesda games. I would choose Tomb Raider, I'll have to wait till it releases on ps4. Now that will be neither for me.

I am getting both. Will probably play Tomb Raider first, though. Fallout 4 is going to take sooo many hours to go through...

EDIT:
I am going to play through Tomb Raider first. Give Bethesda time to patch their inevitable bugs at launch.

Also, this

I think most people are waiting for the Tomb Raider PS4 version anyways. I'd say it's a non issue.

Not for Square Enix though. They're fucked.

ohlawd

getting both

I figure I should focus more on TR since it's short, sprinkle some FO4. go all in when I'm done with Lara.

Top Bottom