• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry's Future Isn't Tied to How Well DMC Sells

Akiller

From a GameSpot interview with Itsuno(DMC series director) :

Something I read, and I wanted to confirm with you, is there a survey within the game for fans, which will help determine the future of the franchise?

I think it's a bit of a misunderstanding. At the time of Devil May Cry 4, I spoke to an interviewer in Japan and I had given a message to the fans at the end of the interview saying "Let us know what you want to see in the future of DMC." I spoke to the same guy this time around for the special edition and I kind of just made an off-the-cuff comment along the lines of, "We're always listening to your feedback, please buy the special edition." So I think the fans with internet have taken that there is a literal survey somewhere with check boxes that will feed into a future game, but it was just a general comment on my part saying that Capcom values fan feedback.

Because that headline read as the future of the franchise is dependent on this, and that's not the case, is that correct?

No, I have never said anything along the lines of holding anything in the future hostage to sales of this title.

EDIT: fuck , sorry for the title, my bad -_- (fucking keyboard)

Azure J

5GRo9mP.gif

DMC keeping out of the Capcom test vortex is certainly reassuring news.

Dugna

Still got DMC4SE and still having a great time with it, (sucking at it anyway) :D

If we get DMC5 in the same combat style but better as DMC3-4 it's a instant buy for me.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I feel like anyone else at Capcom wouldn't have bothered clarifying the statement. It does go in line with them paying more attention to feedback in general.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I bought DMC4SE because I saw good value. :) Now for DMC5 have the 5 playable characters come back, cut the backtracking and puzzle sections, and give me less cannon fodder and money enemies like the assaults or frosts.

Instant GOTY.

SheHateMe

You know how people are getting on the train of not preordering?

They announce DMC5, I'll preorder the fuck out of it. Twice, even.

Take my money.

DMC5 could be DMC 4.75 and I'll be pleased.

Sephzilla

Where are people talking about DMC5 as if it's a sure thing? Did I miss something here?

Because Capcom has been giving the franchise a lot of attention lately. Monster Hunter and Sengoku Basara both got Devil May Cry DLC stuff, DmC DE had a bunch of changes that were aimed at the hardcore fans, and DMC4SE came out of nowhere 7 years post release. Plus, if I remember correctly, a certain GAF poster who has some insider knowledge has said that another Devil May Cry project is in the works over at Capcom, and Ninja Theory has also said they aren't working on a DmC2.

On top of all of that, we just found out that DMC4SE was developed by Access Games with help from Itsuno meaning the DMC3/4 team must be off working on something else.

Lyonaz

I had so much fun playing as Vergil in DMC4SE, hell I finished the game in 2 sessions. Give me more, I want DMC5!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Where are people talking about DMC5 as if it's a sure thing? Did I miss something here?

Where there is smoke, there is fire. DMC5 isn't confirmed but there's a fair amount of smoke pointing in that direction.

Illucio

Banned
I still want a cross over between Devil May Cry 5 X Dmc: Devil May Cry just so DMC can get a ending, and loser trashy Dante from Dmc dies and we can focus on true Dante from the original Devil May Cry from this point onwards.

Zomba13

DMC5 Revival of V

Vergil comes back and wants his sword. Nero meets papa Vergie, Uncle Dante comes back, big rival fights, big demons and in the end they all have to join forces because Mundus is back or Sparda is revived and evil for reasons I dunno, I don't make games.

Shauni

I still want a cross over between Devil May Cry 5 X Dmc: Devil May Cry just so DMC can get a ending, and loser trashy Dante from Dmc dies and we can focus on true Dante from the original Devil May Cry from this point onwards.

I don't see any point to this idea.

RPGamer92

Banned
Based on the fact that Verendus said it was coming and that teaser screen in DMC4SE, I think it is safe to say DMC5 is a thing.

Jawmuncher

Sitting here wondering why Dino Crisis was tied to this. The whole sales expectations thing rather than given one more chance
jimmy-mcnultyn3xzj.gif

Oh well at least one of my favorite Capcom franchises can continue. Regardless if its DmC 2 or DMC5 I want it all.

Son Of D

DMC5 Revival of V

Vergil comes back and wants his sword. Nero meets papa Vergie, Uncle Dante comes back, big rival fights, big demons and in the end they all have to join forces because Mundus is back or Sparda is revived and evil for reasons I dunno, I don't make games.

If this was a SE game it'd be called DMCV. With the V being both 5 and also meaning Vergil.

Although Capcom and their typos I wouldn't be surprised if that somehow happens.

Jawmuncher

In the sense that a game which failed both critically and sales wise killed the franchise.

I was just talking in a broad scope.
Since both DMC2 and DmC which were claimed to kill the series at the time never did. Though granted they didn't tank like DC3 as well.

Very surprised Capcom has stuck with DMC despite the bumps. Goes to show they aren't that dumb over there.

Top Bottom