• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons/Akira Mashup "Bartkira" gets an animated trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The exhibition book was fantastic.

img_00273jum2.jpg

img_0033s6ugt.jpg

img_0035zvu5k.jpg

komplanen

Not feeling it. Weird idea and that's kinda neat, I guess. Maybe if I liked Simpsons I'd like this more, I guess.

What is Akira like? Worth watching?

I got some kind of Cyberpunk/ Neo city vibes from that trailer and it certainly wasn't the simpsons parts.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dystopian cyberpunk action drama.

I got some kind of Cyberpunk/ Neo city vibes from that trailer and it certainly wasn't the simpsons parts.

It was made in the 80s so it has that future 80s cyberpunk aesthetic if you like that.

By the way, if anyone is interested in more bizarre animated Simpsons-related crossover stuff, this video for Girl Talk/Freeway's song Suicide is absolutely incredible (warning: NSFW, obviously for the lyrics and there's some quick nudity)

Rydeen

That was awesome, really well done. I still don't understand the WHY of this parody / crossover, but that animation was top-notch. Must be a huge challenge to keep the Simpsons characters on-model and match the animation timing of Akira.

Rydeen

Why would Lisa be the Lady Miyako equivalent? Cat Lady is perfect in this instance.

Anyway, that was errr, pretty weird and totally pointless but fun none-the-less.

In the comic, Lisa is Lady Miyako. Makes sense for the character in the manga, but in the anime she's a non-character, so I'm fine with her one or two scenes being crazy cat lady.

Draft

By the way, if anyone is interested in more bizarre animated Simpsons-related crossover stuff, this video for Girl Talk/Freeway's song Suicide is absolutely incredible (warning: NSFW, obviously for the lyrics and there's some quick nudity)

Doooooooooope.

A must watch classic.

In fact some images and the trailer gave me the feels, even if obviously the Simpsons art should make it humorous.

If Lisa is Lady Miyako in this then who is Kiyoko in the comic? Sorry, this is first time I've encountered this project. The artwork is neat.

One of Flanders' kids. Also, the art is literally all over the place since it is made of fan submissions, so it can go from two neat professional looking pages to pencil sketches in the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom