• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians A Hero Reborn Vidoc

Mix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6FzQS3Yx-M

Some gifs from the vidoc:
uREBIZC.gif

Wl8FBEY.gif

dUjxkuz.gif

F3Uozg3.gif

YEBgYeT.gif

dU0KhB5.gif

9KDkkbY.gif

B5EjJUS.gifv

Somnia

People are nuts who say this game doesn't look good or better than 4.

Only half way through the ViDoc but looks great.

Hmm. I wonder how much I'll care about the Locke stuff, I'm significantly more interested in the Chief side of the Campaign.

I do wonder / worry whether the Spartan Abilities will skew the feeling of that though :-/

Trup1aya

Shit, I'm on a conference call at work, but I can't even focus knowing this thing is ready for consumption... I guess I can watch this, and simultaneously listen for my name to be called, then blame static if I can't figure what the hell is the subject at hand...

Decent, if a bit disappointing.

I don't feel like I learned much or gained any particular insight into the game's development.

krang

Didn't like the over-indulge into why Halo 4 was good "under the circumstances".

Other than that, there were some tasty tidbits in there. Hype.

Nowise10

The graphics in this game are confusing. Some footage they shoowed from campaign looks fantastic. Other footage, looked not so good.

Either way still pumped. I don't want to wait 4 months still. Damnit.

R3TRODYCE

you're crazy. Best looking Halo game ever, and a really good looking current-gen game

Well given that it's the first real Halo this gen I'd expect it to be the "Best looking Halo" but even then it's still graphically underwhelming.

Halabane

Maybe its me. This video sounded like what Bungie used to sound like. About the story. New combat ideas. Now Bungie sounds like activision corporate. That thing they did with Weaton was awful.

I do agree the graphics don't look like Destiny, which are fantatic but the world looks more alive with people and there is definitely a campaign in this. If that is the trade then so be it. This looks like I may finally have a reason to get an x1.

Ok, this was awesome. New gameplay scenes (Master Chief gampley, not just Locke), new scenes, Halsey, etc...This game is awesome. O.O

Fatmanp

People are nuts who say this game doesn't look good or better than 4.

Only half way through the ViDoc but looks great.

Tbh the GFX of Halo never really bothered me too much. I am not that into the stories of the games anyway. I spend 99% of my time playing the multiplayer. 60fps is a must for this. I was sceptical about all the new stuff but when I played the beta I absolutley loved the game. They have also tweaked the things i didn't like.

Somnia

Well given that it's the first real Halo this gen I'd expect it to be the "Best looking Halo" but even then it's still graphically underwhelming.

This is just like before Halo 3 launched, non stop complaining about the graphics.

This game looks good to me, is it the best looking game ever? No, but it is a very nice looking game that is going to be 60fps, I'm happy with it.

Fuchsdh

"Dynamic Content Ingestion"

What does that even mean?

Well, if I were really hopeful I'd say a revamped and retooled way for players to share content, but given that this Vidoc was campaign-focused, I dunno. Maybe they're just talking about taking player inputs and modifying AI response.

you're crazy. Best looking Halo game ever, and a really good looking current-gen game

Eh, I wouldn't agree. This is one of the most graphically disappointing AAA titles I've seen this gen. I'd go as far as to say the visuals are subpar, bad looking materials, blurry textures and just overall it looks messy. And I hope those facial animations they showed aren't done, because they are a pretty big step down from Halo 4 and really don't come close to other current gen games.

Torment

Banned
I really hope this game has some wide open battlefields, loved the campaign in 4, but there were way too many corridors, I want wide open battlefield with hundreds of enemies and scarabs running around. I would really like a real sense of choice in the game, don't just tell me go here and do this, let me discover how to get to here from where I started without guiding me.

I am really pumped about 343 getting several years to work on sequel with a new engine and sufficient development time, can't wait for the release.

tkalamba

This is just like before Halo 3 launched, non stop complaining about the graphics.

This game looks good to me, is it the best looking game ever? No, but it is a very nice looking game that is going to be 60fps, I'm happy with it.

It's not a Halo release if someone isn't complaining about the graphics.

Shit, I'm on a conference call at work, but I can't even focus knowing this thing is ready for consumption... I guess I can watch this, and simultaneously listen for my name to be called, then blame static if I can't figure what the hell is the subject at hand...

'Jeff, what do you think of the quarterlies?... Jeff?'
'What's that Mike? HOLY SHIT DATbssshhtttttttttt'
'Jeff?'
'Sorry Mike, static....'

Angel_DvA

the game isn't a looker for sure, maybe the price of the 60FPS, doesn't looks like the game will be at 1080p too, we can hear them talk about the 60FPS but not about the 1080p ( 11.01 )

but the game itself looks interesting, the story looks really interesting and I'm kind of curious about Blue team fate, otherwise it's halo, will buy it for the story when it goes cheaper.

Vire

The amount of excuses and talk about how difficult things are was almost nauseating.

60 FPS is impossible!

Scanna

343 guy wearing Windows t-shirt! MCC and Halo 5 on PC confirmed!

Jokes aside, I agree with the people who are saying that - at least graphically - this game looks very hit and miss. Some parts are stunning, some others (explosions?) not.

Top Bottom