• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReShade |OT|

MRORANGE

Webiste/

ReShade Compatibility List
Presets

Crosire's ReShade is an advanced, fully generic post-processing injector for games or alike. Imagine your favorite game with ambient occlusion, real high quality bokeh depth of field, color correction and more ... ReShade provides a generic way to access both color and depth information (latter is automatically disabled during multiplayer to prevent exploitation) and all the tools to make it happen.

Advanced depth-edge-detection-driven SMAA antialiasing, screen space ambient occlusion, depth of field, chromatic aberration, dynamic filmgrain, automatic saturation and color correction, cross processing, multi-pass blurring ... you name it.

Examples from Gaffers:

19544424289_a8429f69bc_o.jpg

roytheone

wait, what is this?

it looks like Prometheus?!

I think that thing is in Aliens: colonial marines.

Edit: apparently it is also in Alien: isolation. Maybe the fact that it didn't look like absolute shit should have tipped me off that it wasn't colonial marines, I think even ReShade can't make that mess pretty!

Soi-Fong

ReShade is real awesome. I have it in Elite: Dangerous to increase image quality w/ the Rift.

By default, E:D's image is semi-blurred in the Rift and you lose a lot of detail. With ReShade, you can get a lot of detail back as well as the amazing AA capabilities this gives which massively improves the IQ in the Rift at minimum performance cost.

It's soo effing good! Plain and simple.

ReShade is real awesome. I have it in Elite: Dangerous to increase image quality w/ the Rift.

By default, E:D's image is semi-blurred in the Rift and you lose a lot of detail. With ReShade, you can get a lot of detail back as well as the amazing AA capabilities this gives which massively improves the IQ in the Rift at minimum performance cost.

instructions pls!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I think that thing is in Aliens: colonial marines.

Edit: apparently it is also in Alien: isolation. Maybe the fact that it didn't look like absolute shit should have tipped me off that it wasn't colonial marines, I think even ReShade can't make that mess pretty!

Aliens: colonial marines on PC looks pretty decent actually.

b0bbyJ03

what's the difference between the two versions on the site? one says its running Framework, and the other says it's running SweetFX 2.0 (this is the one I use). Are Framework and SweetFX just two programs that do the same thing like DTS and Dolby Digital or am I totally off?

I thought you couldn't run stereoscopic 3d and VR applications with it yet? They updated it?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Gonna play around with this soon. Alien Isolation hits an easy 1080p60fps on full Ultra on my shitty rig, so I bet it can handle some additional stress from ReShade to pretty it up a bit more.

Oooh, compatability with Dark Souls is great news. I've been hoping that ENB series injector would have some competition, especially considering his character is less than savory.

Has anyone experimented with Dark Souls yet? Does it work with DSFix?

Soi-Fong

I thought you couldn't run stereoscopic 3d and VR applications with it yet? They updated it?

I haven't heard of this at all. I thought for Elite Dangerous players on the Rift, this was common knowledge..?

ReShade works at least on Elite: Dangerous and I haven't seen any anomalies or anything of the sort in Rift with it. Like I said, IQ is massively improved and if you can sacrifice some detail to run SuperSampling natively with the game at 1.5x, there is much much less aliasing as well. With my 780 Ti, I have to turn down a lot of settings (my only max setting is textures and particles), but it's worth it to supersample since everything is just much sharper. Combine that with the AA method ReShade uses and it helps so much.

Reading text is so much easier as well. Don't have to lean in as much on the menus.

lazygecko

I have been trying to get Reshade to work with The Elder Scrolls Online but it's being a real PITA to work with using the Mediator and all. Specifically I seem to be having issues with handling profiles and presets. I get the splash text when I launch the game so I know that it is active, but preset configurations appear to do nothing at all. I have tried the TheLazyFrameworkPreset.cfg files for both the game-specific folder and the DefaultPresets folder respectively in the PersonalFiles folder.

I also tried just bypassing all the Mediator/profile crap and just used SweetFX 2.0 in the game directory, but that just crashes the executable when I start it.

Top Bottom