• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cygames is going to have a massive booth at Tokyo Game Show 2015

DJIzana

I should post this first hand that I don't know how reliable the source is (that and it needs translating) but it appears Cygames is going to be pretty big at TGS this year.

For those that don't know, Cygames has a PS4 game in development and they also have Akihiko Yoshida working for them (character designer for Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy XII, Ogre Battle etc).

This COULD also mean a big presence just for mobile though as their Osaka studio for console games was formed recently in May.

Anyways, here's the article. I, for one, am hyped!

http://9-bit.jp/archives/146299

duckroll

The article is pretty clear about why there's a huge booth though. The planning materials and event schedules are listed too. It's a huge Granblue Fantasy push. They have a new Granblue Fantasy announcement they'll be talking about in Famitsu next week, and this is probably related to that. Almost everything listed is related to Granblue. The booth itself is a huge replica of the airship in the game, there's signage for a "Beyond the Sky Project" related to Granblue, the stage events are all about Granblue (news about upcoming mobile updates, big announcements, music and art showcases, etc), and the carrier bag they're giving out at the booth is Granblue too.

DJIzana

The article is pretty clear about why there's a huge booth though. The planning materials and event schedules are listed too. It's a huge Granblue Fantasy push. They have a new Granblue Fantasy announcement they'll be talking about in Famitsu next week, and this is probably related to that. Almost everything listed is related to Granblue. The booth itself is a huge replica of the airship in the game, there's signage for a "Beyond the Sky Project" related to Granblue, the stage events are all about Granblue (news about upcoming mobile updates, big announcements, music and art showcases, etc), and the carrier bag they're giving out at the booth is Granblue too.

Yeah. Based on Google Translate, I figured it was a big Granblue push. I'm just hoping it's not a mobile only show though.

I'm curious if their any big announcement might be a PS4 version of Granblue Fantasy. Remade in a 3D world or something. Man... that'd be amazing.

Still probably too early to expect any console announcement but hey, you never know.

duckroll

Btw, Cygames has been working on PS4 hardware for at least a year or more now. Long before they formally announced Cygames Osaka. They talked about it before last year.

Haitei Raoyue

Neo Member

Rage of Bahamut/Shingeki no Bahamut is dying (the global version is already kill) so it doesn't surprise me.

Top Bottom