• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

N.A

Banned
x3aWcFA.jpg

announcedvppc.jpg

Our current drop tables: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...0N7Ht-OdHIC6eVjdwntxVxuzdI/edit#gid=911385900 (created by Zalusithix)

20th August
CONTEST! - A Rival in the Making Contest! (by Xion_Stellar)

15th August
Server updated:

Changelog:
Non-gm players can no longer use the /npc command. If you used this and are stuck as a different npc visit the dressing room to fix it.

12th August
You can now report bugs/crashes here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5GNTS5W
I'll report common issues to the developers.

11th August:
Add your name to the character database spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxhguIpRcayFb11dVNr5sX5seDh9aqYBlQx62P202lQ/edit#gid=0

10th August
Server open.

Important: Anyone who downloaded the client before this OT was made please download this manual patch: https://mega.nz/#!kYVSjRKR!gSQ05rr6gKFzljqd0iE4MM-4smlIh7E7oapKVnPoX5s

Extract it to your install folder.

This will fix the meseta bug when your inventory is full.

aboutjispy.jpg

What is NeoPSO?
NeoPSO is an unofficial Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst server for GAF members.

Who can play?
Any GAF member or person referred by a GAF member.

What do I need?
The client was freely distributed. You will receive a download link via PM.

How do I sign up?
Just send me a PM with your desired account name/password and i'll PM you the details ASAP. Names and passwords should be alphanumeric (no symbols) and no more than 16 characters.
(Notes: Account name is different from character names. Please don't use your gaf name or a password you use elsewhere.)

Do gamepads work?
Yes, including Xbox 360 pads. The default bindings are messed up though. Look below for a guide to setting it up.

Will this server accept donations?
No. I will cover all costs for the server.

installuhl8j.jpg

Notes:
I highly recommend you use windowed mode as fullscreen mode has issues when alt-tabbing.

Config:
Extract NeoPSO.zip to a location of your choosing then navigate to that location.
Important If you want to use a widescreen resolution run launcher.exe, if you want to use the original 4:3 resolution run online.exe
Click Options and configure your settings, if using launcher.exe click advanced settings too.
Reccommended: Choose Save UserID/Password from the config to speed up login.

Logging in:
Choose Start Game from either launcher.exe or online.exe.
At the main menu choose Register UserID
Type you username/password
Go back to the menu and choose start game.
Press enter on the patch screen.

charnuav9.jpg

Notes: Certain resolution settings can make the character creation UI a little weird, but it should be fine ingame.

Pick your class and design your character.
Important: PSO uses a strange drop system where your loot drops are based on something called a Section ID that is generated from your character name. Certain Section IDs are better for each class so it's advisable to make sure you get the right one.
You can find a SectionID calculator here: http://www.pso-world.com/secid_BB.php
And an overview of good Section ID's per class here: http://s7.zetaboards.com/PSO_SERVER_HOME/topic/283218/1/

Getting into the game:
Just choose your character then choose the "NeoPSO" ship BLOCK 01. You'ff be transported to the lobby.

controlfaowo.jpg

Keyboard controls:
RszJMl6.jpg

Configuring a gamepad:
Notes: The gamepad must be plugged in before launching the client.
You must be logged into the game (e.g. be in control of your character) to access control configuration.

Press Home on the Keyboard
Choose Options
Choose Pad Button Config
Set the face buttons to the corresponding action
Set prev/next page buttons to left and right bumper
Set open menu to start

Gamepad controls after Config:
Move: Analog
Change selection in menu: D-pad:
Action buttons: Face buttons
Center camera: left bumper
switch action palette: right bumper

newsvqo0.jpg

issuesnur41.jpg

Cannot pickup item even though inventory has room.
Caused by a slight desync between the client/server resulting in you seeing items that have already been picked up by others. Not serious but restarting the room will fix it.

Game does not open
Your antivirus sees the client as a false positive. Add it to your exceptions.

Flickering UI
Caused by using the wrong launcher for your aspect ratio. Use launcher.exe for widescreen and online.exe for 4:3

Game crashes when attacking
You need to add the PSO executables to your Data Execution Prevention settings in Windows. To do this:
Go to Control Panel -> System -> System Protection -> Advanced tab -> "performance settings..." -> Data Execution Prevention
Click the "Turn on DEP for all programs" then add all the executables to the allowed list.

Thanks to this thread for the solution.

N.A

Banned
communityzosf7.jpg

Our first contest run by Xion_Stellar

A Rival in the Making Contest!

┌──────────────────────────────────────
|It's been ages...Uhh...Have you gotten stronger since then?
└───y──────────────────────────────────
c3ce51a6-d70c-4d6d-9861-4089011ef50c.jpg

┌────────────────────────────────────────────
|You don't remember me? I'm Kireek, also know as the Black Hound.
└───y────────────────────────────────────────

┌────────────────────────────────────
|I bet you've gotten at least a little better. Heh heh heh...
└───y────────────────────────────────

┌──────────────
|A new worthy rival...
└───y──────────

┌───────────────────────
|My only reason for living is to fight
└───y───────────────────

┌────────────────────────────────
|So we'll just see how much better you've gotten!
└───y────────────────────────────

Greetings my fellow Hunters! Xion_Stellar here announcing our very first PSO Contest here on NeoPSO and of course that means that this contest is for NeoGaf Juniors and Members only.

The Goal:Be the first player to reach Lv.200 on NeoPSO!

The Prize:I will gift you one PSO OST of your choice on *iTunes so your choices are the following: Phantasy Star Online OST,or Phantasy Star Online Songs of RAGOL Odyssey Soundtrack 〜EPISODE 1&2〜, or Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Episode Ⅳ (Soundtrack).

So here are the contest Rules and Guidelines:

0-No exceptions you must have a registered account on NeoGaf to participate
1-You must provide proof that you reached Lv.200 and here’s how:
-You can meet me in-game and I will personally verify that your Lv.200
-You can record footage of you logging into NeoPSO with your Lv.200 character
-You can take a Screenshot of your Lv.200 character with a NeoPSO GM and PM me the Screenshot
-Take a Screenshot of your Lv.200 character with other NeoGaf members that can vouch for you and PM me the Screenshot​
2-There’s only going to be one winner

*The winner must have a registered iTunes Account so regional restrictions may apply.

tradings1sgi.jpg

N.A

Banned
Those who have already sent me PMs for accounts, i'm working on them now.

Any PMs received from now will likely have a 30-60 minute wait until I get to you.

starmud

this is awesome :) giving me old juju vibes haha... i was just listening to the PSO soundtrack randomly tonight too. ult mines dungeon of the forever <3___3

Kalentan

I may jump on this, I played on the other server but never got as far as my gamecube character (400 hours played.) Maybe cause I found using M&K just kind of ruined it. If I use my Xbox One controller, will the UI adjust?

I may jump on this, I played on the other server but never got as far as my gamecube character (400 hours played.) Maybe cause I found using M&K just kind of ruined it. If I use my Xbox One controller, will the UI adjust?

I'm using an XONE controller at the moment, works great, literally plug and play for the most part.

As for the UI, mine has stayed the same and unchanged.

Played for a few hours last night, got to Level 9 or 10 I believe :)

Big thanks to Veldin who ever you are, answered all my questions and helped me a ton!

Kalentan

I will say, I hope the server becomes popular. My problem with the other server was the population was a bit too low on the population size. Granted I don't expect 10k, but even just getting like 1k on a night would be cool.

Jackano

No way I fall into this again!
However I'll just ask... Is it possible with the server to x4 all experience earned? No way to put iirc something like 50-100 hours to get the first red boxes and 500+ to be able to play ultimate episodes 2&4.

Stealth edit: Also the absurd drop rates for episode 4.
I will reformulate: Could be this server sort of a custom distribution of Blue Burst?

K.Sabot

No way I fall into this again!
However I'll just ask... Is it possible with the server to x4 all experience earned? No way to put iirc something like 50-100 hours to get the first red boxes and 500+ to be able to play ultimate episodes 2&4.

Stealth edit: Also the absurd drop rates for episode 4.
I will reformulate: Could ba this server sort of a custom distribution of Blue Burst?

It doesn't take too too long to get to Hard mode, where at least some red box weapons will drop.

The real loot starts pouring in at Very Hard mode though, that's a 20 or so hour struggle.

Jackano

It doesn't take too too long to get to Hard mode, where at least some red box weapons will drop.

The real loot starts pouring in at Very Hard mode though, that's a 20 or so hour struggle.

20 hours to get lv.40? I'm really not sure about this. But I was probably kinda bad at it at first lol

K.Sabot

20 hours to get lv.40? I'm really not sure about this. But I was probably kinda bad at it at first lol

Oh yeah I'm definitely taking experience into account, my first character I took about 2 months and 150 or so hours to make it to very hard mode.

Jackano

Oh yeah I'm definitely taking experience into account, my first character I took about 2 months and 150 or so hours to make it to very hard mode.

Sounds more in line with what I remember :)

Exp rates are set at 2x.

Them double exp rates. :D

Ah, thanks. It's a good idea. Maybe not as much as I wanted but it's something. Shit I want to send that PM now. What about the drop rates? Doesn't change anything if they are the same :/

N.A

Banned
Progress update: Replied to PMs I received last night, now onto today's.

Sounds more in line with what I remember :)

Ah, thanks. It's a good idea. Maybe not as much as I wanted but it's something. Shit I want to send that PM now. What about the drop rates? Doesn't change anything if they are the same :/

Drop rates will be adjusted with input from the players once the server is confirmed to be running smoothly.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Oooh, this is tempting. If I end up installing Blue Burst on my Windows partition, I'm definitely in.

RexNovis

Banned
Anyone happen to know what the recommended and minimum required hardware is for this? Curios if my Asus ultra portable has the horsepower to run this or if I'll only be able to play on my desktop.

Typhares

I really wish I had the time! PSO was one of my favorite game on dreamcast and then GC, hundreds of hours spent back then!
Does BB have episode II content too?

N.A

Banned
Anyone happen to know what the recommended and minimum required hardware is for this? Curios if my Asus ultra portable has the horsepower to run this or if I'll only be able to play on my desktop.

Will run on pretty much anything made in the last 10 years.

Anyone got a link to download the client?

Info is in a PM once you send me your desired username/password.

Raxious

looks interesting, I really liked PSO 2 but seeing as it was in Japanese and hard to find a group because of regions kept me from fully enjoying it.

RexNovis

Banned
Getting a "Failed to start PSOBB. Error code: 2." Message when clicking on start game. Any idea what would cause this or how to fix it?

PC REQUIREMENTS:

Operating System: Windows 98SE / Me / 2000 / XP [XP recommended]
Processor: Pentium III,
700 MHz [Pentinum 4, 1.4GHz or above recommended]
Graphics Card: Direct3D compatible, 3D graphics board, minimum 32 MB VRAM
Supported Cards: NVIDIA:GeForce 3/3Ti200/3Ti500, 4Ti4200,FX5200/5600/5900
ATI: RADEON 8500/8500LE/9600PRO/9800PRO
Sound Card: DirectSound compatible
DirectX: DirectX 9.0b or above
Internet Connection Speed: 256kbps

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Info is in a PM once you send me your desired username/password.

Just sent you a PM. I know you said it'd be awhile before you got to any new PM's though.

Man, I'm gonna be watching PSO videos all day at work now, haha

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to see people still discovering this game for the first time in 2015. And not just that, but for it to be their first online experience to boot? PSO is truly a timeless game.

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to see people still discovering this game for the first time in 2015. And not just that, but for it to be their first online experience to boot? PSO is truly a timeless game.

Oh yeah, It's one of those magic few loot games that gets you in the same way Diablo does.

RexNovis

Banned
Ok tried redownloading the file and I'm still getting error code 2 after selecting start game from the opening window. Any idea how to fix this?

Top Bottom