• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 3 Thread

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Scheduled Game Times--Updated Weekly

Teams/Divisions:
PhZq3up.png

cMSVwzp.png

QcOojyO.png

7EucOj8.png

JOaNpit.png

rzZXMyl.png

mLQTONH.png

OzA5K4m.png

N8I6DxV.png

WutFace.png

signup here (in case you pulled a freakinchair and didn't see the big signup button): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12WOA08Oh6M88Y08P8RMrwbOsDcfp4Of8VfSTl-qHvSM/viewform

demoli's poll for europeans

NON-GAFFERS/LURKERS: Just a note to the lurkers or non-gaffers signing up--if you have not been a part of the GAF community for awhile now (i.e. you've played inhouses with dotagaf for over a year and are part of the community) OR did not play in ihl season 2, you will be relegated to the free agent pool and not be eligible to be drafted. Banned peeps like rerixo don't fret, you've been playing with us for awhile, and I know everyone slips up ;). Also, if you played in season 2, you're fine.

oh this looks pretty cool. just picked up dota about a month ago but i suck balls lol. is this mainly for competitive high level stuff or more of a way for gaffers to play with each other? id love to play a few games with yall

Artanisix

PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
DansGame.png

hopefully 6.85 comes out as the league begins.

"oh this looks pretty cool. just picked up dota about a month ago but i suck balls lol. is this mainly for competitive high level stuff or more of a way for gaffers to play with each other? id love to play a few games with yall"

all skill levels welcome

shira

You should specify the "availability" question across different qualities.

edit: And maybe add datdota/dotbuff esports profiles so captains can see your competitive stats

Advice to any new captains: If you can, pick players who you know will work with you, even if they're not the best players. You'll enjoy the league way more than if you had players who you have to pepper with steam messages to get a response about anything.

Player Conduct Rule 8 is my mark on IHLs. GLGLGLGLGLGL

bbd23

yall had to get tread switching in there eh?

savages.

don't think ill participate this time but watching the games was always fun, glad to see its happening again

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I do apologize to the euros that want to play; however, last season we just had far too many euros that signed up but couldn't make any game times even though games were scheduled early (for euros), and it just ended up leading to lots of euros who didn't show and then also NA players who couldn't show up to the early times. Hence the whole warning!!! this is more of an NA-centric league thing. We're shooting for a smaller number of teams this time around (8-12) that are ideally much more active/flexible when it comes to game time. Managing 16 teams and 120+ players was tough.

BUT if you are Euro or SEA and can generally make 11am - 3pm PST on Saturdays and Sundays, go ahead and sign up!

Single Elimination?

Don't want to anchor 4 other people to a single game, guess I'll just watch again :(

There are a wide variety of skill levels m8, you won't be anchoring anyone—especially since every team will most likely have 1-2 very low MMR players (and that's fine). I feel like during the whole feedback stream (and based on the survey), the people who didn't like single elim were upset that they had spent 10-12 weeks playing with a team only to be knocked out immediately in the playoffs. I think the much shorter season (6-7 weeks) will make it so single elim is a little more bearable this time around. Besides, it's more fun when the stakes are high imo, make every playoff game count!

Top Bottom