• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Legacy demo hits NA eshop on September 22

Labadal

Because someone asked, here's a little more info about the game.

Overview
In The Legend of Legacy, Seven adventurers – Liber, Meurs, Owen, Bianca, Garnet, Eloise, Filmia – arrive on the mysterious island of Avalon to pursue their own agenda as explorers. They team up with two of the other adventurers to achieve their objectives – be it exploring the island for treasure, looking for the “god” on the island, or recovering lost memories. But things change when they discover a singing stone that causes the party to see phantasms of Avalon’s forgotten history.

In addition to exploring the island of Avalon, Combat will offer plenty of challenges in The Legend of Legacy. Combat is turn-based, but players will have the option to create their own formations tailored to their party of three, meaning each party member can be put into a different combat role (defending, attacking, supporting, etc.) at any given time. Formations can be saved and changed between turns as well, giving players plenty of options to maximize their strategies.

Features
Seven Unique Perspectives – Each character in The Legend of Legacy has their own motivation for exploring Avalon, and their individual conclusion at the story’s resolution. Play through as each character to see them all!
Combat Gets Classless – Managing formations to instruct specific combat roles instead of fixed classes adds a different level of challenge for battle enthusiasts.
Legendary Development – Illustrator Tomomi Kobayashi (SaGa series), renowned composer Masashi Hamauzu (SaGa, Final Fantasy XIII), writer Masato Kato (Chrono Trigger), game designer Kyoji Koizumi (SaGa series), and Masataka Matsuura (999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors) all come together to create this brand new experience.
Balanced for the West – Based on user feedback following the Japanese release, several gameplay adjustments were made to enhance the gameplay. More details to come later!
The-Legend-of-Legacy_2015_06-11-15_002.jpg
The-Legend-of-Legacy_2015_06-11-15_003.jpg
The-Legend-of-Legacy_2015_06-11-15_004.jpg
The-Legend-of-Legacy_2015_06-11-15_001.jpg

A recorded stream that is worth watching for a while.
Debut trailer
Developer Demo from E3 2015.
Character trailer #1 Meurs and Bianca
Character trailer #2 Liber and Garnet
Character trailer #3 Owen, Eloise and Filmia

Choose the character I should play if old.

Saw this on Gematsu a few days ago.
A demo for The Legend of Legacy will launch for 3DS on the Nintendo eShop in North America on September 22, Atlus announced.

The demo lets users play through the prologue and first two dungeons. The save file will transfer to the full game, meaning the progress you make in the 30 max demo playthroughs will carry over in the final release.

Additionally, Atlus released the last of the game’s character trailers, introducing Owen, Eloise, and Filmia. If you missed them, previous trailers introduced Bianca and Meurs, and Liber and Garnet.

LMN

Already pre-order the game at a great price during E3 promotion, but will play the demo anyway since I'm super excited for this game. I still wonder what kind of balance are they doing from the jp game.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The name is pretty bad.

Both the words Legend and Legacy come from the same root latin word, so it is factually a redundant title.

Jhoan

Definitely will check out the demo since the game is on my radar. I get a little bit of Bravely Default vibes from it so hopefully the combat is pretty solid. Agree that the title is dumb as it makes no sense at all.

Will this be up at midnight? Or sometime tomorrow? Not sure how demos work on the eshop

Also, since you can transfer your progress, does that only work if you get the download version of the game, or does it work with the physical too?

Ryuukan

Will this be up at midnight? Or sometime tomorrow? Not sure how demos work on the eshop

Also, since you can transfer your progress, does that only work if you get the download version of the game, or does it work with the physical too?

typically noon EST for North America

save transfers always work for retail too

irriadin

surprised they didn't change it for the western market tbh

Reminds me of the anime title, "Legend of the Legendary Heroes" though that one is more egregious.

I'm looking forward to playing this game! I've never played a SaGa game, and I've heard this is pretty much one of those in all but name.

Roubjon

I like what I've played so far of the demo. As far as I know it's just the start of the game and I've been playing it for an hour at least and it's still going. The game definitely throws you right in and there's little to no exposition about anything. Definitely feels like a SaGa game in that way. I pre-ordered the game but I definitely want to hear more impressions before it comes out.

Glad there's a demo. Not sure if I'm holding on to my pre-order or not - reception on this has been pretty mixed. This game has a completely non-existent story so if the gameplay isn't solid with this demo I'm cancelling.

LMN

Played for about 30 min
beat the first boss? and going to the town and meet the king of adventure
I'm very impressed so far, I really like environment pop up effect cause it give me a great sense of discovery. Since this is my first SaGa, I really enjoyed the unique battle system and level up system. Though tbh the game doesn't feel that hard yet, but maybe Im cause still really early in the game.

Kazerei

Banned
Whoa, I've only vaguely heard about this game. Didn't even know it was coming out in NA soon. Will check out the demo.

Weebos

Banned
Nice, I'll have to try it out tonight. Doesn't it come out October 13th, though? Seems like a long lead time for a demo.

duckroll

Grabbed the demo and played a bit of it. I'm enjoying it enough to pick up the full game next month, but some of the implementation in the game is pretty iffy. Not having save points in the dungeon areas is a pretty ballsy decision for a modern RPG, especially when you can run into boss battles via singing stones without knowing it, and getting stuck in a battle you can't win without being able to escape. The battle system definitely feels like a SaGa game in several ways, but am I missing something or are there no items? How do you heal in battle? So far I've found two other party members in the town, do more pop up as I progress in the game normally, or are the others found in specific areas later on? The scenario is definitely much more barebones than a typical SaGa game. I was hoping that you would actually cross paths with the other characters in actual story events, but it doesn't seem to be the case?

hongcha

I was hoping that you would actually cross paths with the other characters in actual story events, but it doesn't seem to be the case?

Nope, they all just pop up in town, and join you without saying much at all. If you're looking for story or character interaction, this is not the game for you.

The scenario is definitely much more barebones than a typical SaGa game.

Indeed it is. You basically fight a small set of enemies in each map area over and over again for 30+ hours and that's 99% of the game. I found it to be too repetitious and dull.

Top Bottom