• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want Kat ( Gravity Daze ) to be the new Playstation mascot.

I think the actual mascot is Sackboy, it's a great mascot, from a very good game, but i think the Little Big Planet IP is now over ( or at least, we won't see a new LBP for years ).

Even if some people say that Playstation don't have a real mascot nowadays, when others say Playstatation does'nt have a mascot but several.

Gravity Rush is a very good game, original, fresh, Kat is a very appealing character, with a very good design, this IP has so much potential and with the port of GR 1 on PS4 and GR2 on PS4 it's clear that Sony understood that.

So i really would like Sony to push this IP and especially this character, Kat, to the forefront, as hard as they can.

Kat.jpg

Whompa02

Compared to Mario or Masterchief, I would say Sony is better off with Nathan Drake tbh...but in reality, Playstation has many different types of games, that it's kind of hard to say, "this one character defines the portfolio"

Warxard

Banned
The PlayStation mascot is the one who has the movie and the better brand appeal.

So, Ratchet. Ratchet and Clank is the best Sony Symbol they've had in years.

Tbh I think the fact we're getting a sequel shows they're dedicated to her

While I doubt GD1 was expensive to make it probably didn't do too well commercialy

Arkeband

Banned
A character birthed on the Vita is pretty much doomed to obscurity.

It doesn't help that she's pretty generic anime looking.

Ultima_5

it's nice to want things, but i highly doubt they'll do much with her. i'm honestly shocked were getting more of those games

packy34

I'm fine with it being Kat, Sackboy or Nathan Drake (or all 3 together). All 3 represent the PS brand pretty well.

Doesn't the game have to be popular for its character to be a mascot? Outside of the hardcore, everyone else will just think she's some random anime chick. They're better off using Nathan.

PS doesn't need a mascot.
Its mascots are good games.

I think it's bad to have a mascot because the franchise of the mascot just gets milked to oblivion.

I would say that, along with Sack Boy, Nathan Drake is their mascot as well. As for the character at hand, I would say that her art style is too Japanese is work as a mascot in the US. I can't speak for the UK, because I'm not too familiar with how things are handled there, but in the States, people don't really respond to these types of characters unless they've got some nostalgic meaning or if they're overly sexualized.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
1) Seems a bit premature since not that many have even heard of her yet.

2) The character looks like one of a million other anime girls to me

I don't really think there's an agreed upon mascot, but if there was it would probably be Drake or Ratchet.

I vaguely remember Kratos being mascot-level five years ago, and Crash undoubtedly even farther back.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
she's fantastically designed, but i think ratchet and clank make for better mascots (even if they aren't nearly as well designed)

i love Uncharted but Nathan is a terrible mascot... a nondescript white dude is like the worst choice you could make for that

FelipeMGM

She is amazing, but I think Sony should drop the one mascot thing and go with all the important characters, including Kat

Only thing I really want is for to SCEA to maintain this as the box art for the western release

CO9UvDpWUAE0abZ.jpg

jmaine_ph

Idk. I don't feel like PlayStation has or needs a mascot. Just a bunch of very liked characters that make up a PlayStation family and they all praise the "Sacred Symbols"
9FTIoND.jpg

SSReborn

Playstation doesn't necessarily need a mascot imo. The catalouge is to diverse for any of the characters to completely encapsulate the brand.

Sami+

Sackboy works a lot better as a mascot because he represents Sony's main appeal in comparison to the competition - their diverse portfolio of games. He can also be used to market major third party titles as well for marketing deals.

Sackboy.jpg

4037484.png

2200113-snake1crop.jpg

lbp-sackboy-kratos.jpg

13435.jpg

I like Kat but nah

Rodney Greenblat, the artist that designed Parappa really wanted him to be the playstation mascot way back when.

"Whenever I start to think about it (Parappa) I become frustrated and I feel like I’m getting a rash. My dream was that Parappa would have been Sony’s ultimate mascot, as Super Mario is to Nintendo, so Parappa should have been to Sony. If only! Ah but that’s all in the distant past."

Read more here if you'd like:

http://whimsyload.com/character-club/parappa-the-rapper/

Top Bottom