• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dex (2D Cyberpunk RPG) Wii U & Ouya versions out Q1 2016, free Steam key for backers

TheMoon

UPDATE:

Ouya version canceled
PS4/Vita/X1 versions coming too thanks to publisher Badland Indie

ORIGINAL:

Wii U and Ouya Rewards
Posted by Dreadlocks

Calling all backers!

Today’s update will touch on a topic some of you have been asking us about, namely the Wii U and Ouya versions of the game. We’d like to apologize for our silence, but we wanted to first clear things up on our side before making an announcement. In the future we’ll make sure to keep you updated more regularly!

48d0a3efb99fe430545actia3z.jpg

Dex for Wii U and Ouya

Both the Wii U and Ouya versions are still very much in development and our target release window is Q1 2016 (possibly Q2 for Ouya). We realize that this is later than first anticipated, and that those of you waiting for these versions to play Dex are getting impatient. The main reason for the delay is that we decided to work of the Enhanced Version of Dex to improve several aspects of the game, based on the feedback we received following the release. The console versions will of course include all those changes (and more), so our development schedule was significantly shifted as a result.

Nintendo has been extremely helpful and delightful to work with, and we’re very excited about the Wii U version, which will feature some unique functionalities, more of which we’ll detail in the coming months.

As for Ouya, we’ve been in touch with Razer and we’ve been assured that the Ouya is here to stay, so no need to worry on that front.

Now for the good news: in order to apologize to those of you who have been waiting for either console version, we’ll be sending each of you a free Steam key, so you can play the game already, or give the gift of cyberpunk to a friend or a loved one! You will of course also get a key for your console of choice when that version becomes available.

Another tidbit, regarding the physical rewards: most of you should have received their physical edition of the game by now, and we will be sending the remaining items, such as dioramas and postcards, later this week. As for the digital artbook/manual, it will also be available very soon; we will send you instructions via Kickstarter shortly.

Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter where we deliver more information about the Enhanced Version daily!

Your Dex team
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...d-rpg/posts/1347873?ref=backer_project_update

Sounds great to me!

I like it when devs take the feedback of the first version and directly implement it in later ports. Everyone should do that.

Platy

WiiU and Ouya as their only console versions ?

You have to support this kinda of love for the art of gaming and not monetary successs

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Why in the world would anyone waste time developing an Ouya version?

I guess if you wanted to port it to android proper afterwards?

TheMoon

I misread this as "Gex" and got very, very excited for Dana Gould's Chandler-esque '90's gecko.

the word cyberpunk next to it should've given you pause, though. :)

Why in the world would anyone waste time developing an Ouya version?

I guess if you wanted to port it to android proper afterwards?

because in 2013, Ouya was still an interesting thing for developers ...

Paganmoon

Ouya and Wii U? Its like they don't want to make any money

The update is that it's coming to Xbox one, PS4 and Vita too. Was hoping for a PS4 port, but actually looking forward to it mostly for the Vita now though, too bad it's not out before my 3 week vacation, would've been great game to spend some time with at the beach.

Corpekata

Banned
The update isn't meant to be about what all platforms it is hitting, it's about addressing concerns that the other kickstarted platforms are being slow on delivery, and them offering Steam keys for those that don't want to wait.

Paganmoon

The update isn't meant to be about what all platforms it is hitting, it's about addressing concerns that the other kickstarted platforms are being slow on delivery, and them offering Steam keys for those that don't want to wait.

Meant the September 29:th update (which made me bump the thread). It's such a small title, so not really worth a new thread imo.

TheMoon

Actually, Indie WiiU games tend to be successful, however, Ouya is pretty much dead.

Thats great....wait Ouya???

The Ouya version is canceled btw

As for Ouya, we do have bad news: after new discussions with Razer, it appears that we won’t be able to make the Ouya version. We are extremely sorry, and we of course want to compensate those of you who picked an Ouya key as their reward. So instead, you will be able to choose a key for any other platform of your choosing. And if you are not happy with this solution, we encourage you to get in touch with us so we can figure out another solution together!
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...d-rpg/posts/1369658?ref=backer_project_update

iratA

Thanks for the thread I had no idea about this game. Having said that, knowing this is coming to PS4 I'll be waiting for that version, unless the Wii-U version makes awesome use of the game pad.

Top Bottom