• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 9/18/2015: TOKYO GAME SHOW 2015

bYNbs.jpg

8-4 Friday ヾ(´A`)ノ゚

Bloodborne DLC, Metal Gear Online, Monster Hunter X & Stories, Street Fighter V, Gravity Daze 2, Ni-Oh, Persona 5 delay, 13 Sentinels, Dragon Quest Builders, Dark Souls 3, Hyrule Warriors Legends, PlayStation VR, Summer Lesson, Kitchen & more from TGS, plus talk on Iwata’s successor and the new Apple TV.

Running Time:
3:15:35

Direct Download (112 MB)
iTunes
RSS Feed
Twitter
Facebook

Time – Topic Discussed:

06:27 – TGS Merch
10:30 – Monster Hunter X, Monster Hunter Stories
27:50 – Sony Conference Announcements
51:30 – PlayStation VR, Oculus
1:10:30 – King of Fighters 14, Square Enix Announcements
1:21:25 – 13 Sentinels, Dragon Quest Builders, PS4 Accessories/Asia Price Drop
1:36:27 – The Tomorrow Children, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
1:43:38 – Bloodborne: The Old Hunters, Dark Souls 3
1:54:24 – Metal Gear Online, Final Fantasy XV, Street Fighter V
2:09:03 – TGS Indies, Hyrule Warriors Legends
2:24:24 – News: New Nintendo President, Apple TV, Pokemon GO
3:03:00 – Closing Remarks

phileep

I think he is taking time off due to mental health issues. At least that is what I read on his tumblr blog. He does a lot of photography. He even created a OT thread about it.

http://sprsk.tumblr.com/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1110425

Wow this is upsetting. I hope everything works out for JJ. JJ if you're reading this know that there are a lot of people that don't even know you that care about you and the work that you do.

So I just got through Shane's cringe-y defense of Kingdom Hearts and it reminds me of why I miss Shane being on podcasts regularly. Shane being Shane is always something else. That passion.

Fun episode so far. Lots of enthusiasm!

TheMoon

So no Xenoblade talk or are they not allowed to talk about that still?

Pretty obvious that there's nothing to talk about until the game is released. Especially since John is still hard at work on it and barely appears on podcasts for that reason right now.

Effect

They already talked about it when it released in Japan. IIRC.
Barely. At most they were just 3 or 4 hours in. They covered mainly what you'd find in a preview or manual. Understand they are working on the game but wish we would have gotten more then that.

JCX

They already talked about it when it released in Japan. IIRC.

I know, but was hoping for more impressions since they are working on it now. I don't think anyone had even gotten to Skells when they last spoke about it, and that's what I'm most interested in.

TheMoon

Barely. At most they were just 3 or 4 hours in. They covered mainly what you'd find in a preview or manual. Understand they are working on the game but wish we would have gotten more then that.

John checked back in when he was at 60 hours and finally got his first Doll.

Finalow

they did talk about Xenoblade X in the past but not much, really. I don't think they ever talk too much or at all when it's about games they're working/worked on. well, except for FE awakening, Mark always needs to reiterate how awesome and amazing and grea-zzzz.

3 fucking hours? Sounds good.

massoluk

Banned
they did talk about Xenoblade X but not much, really. I don't think they ever talk too much or at all when it's about games they're working/worked on. well, except for FE awakening, Mark always needs to reiterate how awesome and amazing and grea-zzzz.

3 fucking hours? Sounds good.

Got the time stamp? At work right now, haven't gone far into the podcast yet

john tv

Despite its quirks I really love the game, definitely planning to talk more about it once it's out!

Curufinwe

Six of the eight Nintendo games that Kohler called vaporware in January 2013 are already out, one has a 2015 release date, and the other is the new Zelda. If your definition of vaporware covers games released in the same year they are announced then it is so broad it renders the term meaningless.

http://www.wired.com/2015/01/wii-u-nintendo-direct/

As a reminder, those games were: a high-def remake of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, an all-new Legend of Zelda, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Shin Megami Tensei vs. Fire Emblem, Yoshi’s Wooly World, and Wii Party U.

I referred to these games, collectively, as “vaporware,” and boy, were people mad about that! What was I suggesting, that Nintendo wouldn’t release all these games in a timely manner? Well, it’s two years later and half of those games don’t even have worldwide release dates yet, even following this morning’s Nintendo Direct.

a high-def remake of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - released 9/20/2013

Wii Party U - released 10/25/2013

Super Mario 3D World - released 11/21/2013

Mario Kart 8 - released 5/29/2014

Xenoblade Chronicles X - released 4/29/2015

Yoshi's Woolly World - released 6/25/15

Genei Ibun Roku X FE - release date announced as 12/26/2015 a week ago

Summer Lesson talk was hilarious

EDIT:

"I think 2D games will be gone"

...ehhhhh

Second EDIT:

Shane's Kingdom Hearts defense is hilarious. Love ya man.

mcw

This.
Was.
SO.
GREAT!

Jake brings the enthusiasm for aesthetics that so many of us feel, but few of us can articulate. It's such an important part of what makes games an enthralling medium, yet it's rarely discussed on podcasts with this level of passion. And it's contagious, too-- can't wait for Ni-Oh after hearing this!

Shane, well, I've been a big fan of his podcast appearances for years and years and this episode shows that he's still got it.

Chris Kohler's thoughts on PlayStation VR were even-handed and insightful. Most podcasts I hear wouldn't attempt to take a look at something like Summer Lesson and try to articulate the things about it that work. And that's a real shame-- every game does at least something well, maybe many things, but when it's paired with potentially objectionable content, that usually becomes the beginning and end of the narrative about the game. It's especially important, in these nascent days of a new medium like VR, to highlight the successes of any such game where they exist.

mcw

And JJ... When I first started listening to 8-4 Play, I knew Mark and John but had no idea who JJ was. His absence from the podcast has shown me that it's just not the same show without him, even with a parade of special guests from around the world. Hope to hear you back on there soon, man.

urfe

Mega respect for JJ.

Hope he feels better. Enjoying the pics and have also favorited him on Mario Maker.

Listened to an hour of this an enjoying it.

I think he is taking time off due to mental health issues. At least that is what I read on his tumblr blog. He does a lot of photography. He even created a OT thread about it.

http://sprsk.tumblr.com/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1110425
Man wish he stays safe. The 8-4 play family is quite vulnerable to leave the show. Sara leaving was also sad.

Find below his tumblr blog about depression:

http://sprsk.tumblr.com/post/128379660123/on-depression

I like 8-4 podcast, especially ones after a big event like this but goddamnit can they not talk over each other? I know there are a lot of things to cover and they were excited but them talking at the same time is really annoying. Mark needs to organize this. If one person is speaking and another tries to open his mouth just shut him up.

Top Bottom