• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogamer: One game out soon "apparently completely broken" (Assassin's Creed?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Just listening to the latest episode of Videogamer Podcast and 24 mins in, they're talking about pressures on devs,

At this point an off hand comment from Miller is that there is a game coming out soon that is "apparently completely broken".

https://youtu.be/iTtRaBcW8Ug (24 mins in)

Any ideas?

Edit:

In the Patreon-exclusive extra podcast, they mention these games as ones they're looking forward to without any allusions to them being broken:

Rise Of The Tomb Raider
Fallout 4
Star Wars: Battlefront

So I think these can be discounted.

DKHF

I don't think it will be Fallout 4, or that F4 will be as broken as many are saying considering the core game was done before it was announced. The five months since announcement are being spent on polish/fixing bugs so it would be pretty crazy if that game was hugely broken. Some small bugs yes but not completely broken.

jmaine_ph

Battlefront or AC would not release broken. No way in hell would those games release like that after what happened last year.

ultrazilla

Whatever game it is needs to be named and
shamed. This borders on criminal. Knowingly
releasing a broken game is totally unacceptable.

pelican

I'd bet AC as well. Give the game a rest for one bloody year.

If I was to bet I'd put a tenner on it not being AC.

If Ubi are smart, and lets give them some credit, the game will launch in a fit state after last year.

My money is on Tony Hawk considering the recent art style change.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I can't see Ubisoft letting AC launch like that again, IMO I think they would push it first this time.

I'd say it's Fallout but I hope I'm wrong and it's Halo instead.

Klossen

Banned
Sort of tragic how a season of geniune excitement for upcoming games have turned into a pessimistic betting game for what game will be launched in the most broken state. After last year, I don't blame anyone becoming bitter though.

How would you be blindly buying the game without preordering it?

You walk into a store within days of it's release and buy it, like tons of people do? When I say blindly I mostly mean blind to the possibility that the game is broken in some way. It's just sort of telling of the state of games media and how they can be complicit in these issues. Whatever this game is, how much you want to bet review scores won't reflect these issues?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Not going by July's alpha. I doubt a broken game would have a public beta in a few weeks as it would be counter productive.

Battlefield 4's beta was pretty damn great on PC. The full release was a mess. The beta map didn't even work for a huge amount of players.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Not even a moment's hesitation on this one: my money is on Battlefront. Every single multiplayer game DICE has ever put out has had serious problems for weeks/months after launch and I don't know why this would be any different

120v

I'd be devastated if it was Fallout 4 but it would be pretty LOL at the same time considering how confidently it's been rolled out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom