• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Devil May Cry 4 SE players make collaborative combo video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcsx1z4JWfM

This was given a shoutout by the official DMC twitter and facebook yesterday.

The players in the video are our very own TheLegendaryDarkKnight, GuardianE, Seyavesh, gunbo13, CrackPebbles, Ultimate_Trainer and BumblebeeCody who also edited the whole thing together.

This is a great thing because it's the dedication of the community to this game that could show Capcom that there is a crowd out there for Devil May Cry 5. Also it's great to see stuff that you could never come up with or even execute in DMC4. :V

Son Of D

Great work everyone. Wish I paid more attention to the OT so I could have tried something.

Wait what!? There's a remaster of DMC4!?!!?

My all-time favorite brawler?

How did I not know...............

Download only (except in Japan where they have physical copies), came out in June.

LordRaiden

Neo Member
Great work everyone. Wish I paid more attention to the OT so I could have tried something.

Download only (except in Japan where they have physical copies), came out in June.

You are in for a treat bro, you can play with Vergil, Lady and Trish in DMC4SE and they are awesome.

God steamin' damn! I'm SO gonna get this tonight....

The intro opera song still gives me goosebumps...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXk2XGGkD-Y

Haven't played it over 4 years, I'm so happy right now!!
Jugglin' puppets till they pop!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Thanks for making the thread. BumblebeeCody did amazing work on the editing, and was generous enough to spend his time organizing and planning everything. Deserves big props.

so I saw Dante doing Vergil movments with the "style" bar and everything... was that a mod?

Yep, that's a mod for the PC version that was created by GAFfer Seyavesh (Tab).

nicanica

Great work guys!

UnpleasantImportantEgg-size_restricted.gif

I imported it from Japan and still haven't even put it in my PS4 yet... I really need to do that soon but there's been so many other games that I just haven't found the time then I watch videos like this and wonder what the hell am I doing with my life.

Ninja Dom

Superb work, guys. I love combo videos. I'm not a DMC player at all (I play Ninja Gaiden series & Bayonetta series) but I recognise the hard work you guys put in. It was a very good idea to start this in the first place.

TWILT

Banned
Damn, that was SSStylish! Excellent stuff guys. Want DMC4SE more than ever now; just a few more months...

Shogun1337

The music's alright; but next time guys, we want to hear the actual fucking gameplay. You can have both at the same time. But still, any tribute to DMC is welcomed by me.

Seyavesh

Really impressive stuff, those Trish combos were amazing.
Fuck me, the clip by GuardianE at 1:30 had me jump out of my chair. Tab's clip at 2:40, as well.
Yo, those Trish combos were sexy.

yessss feed my ego wa ha ha

Yep, that's a mod for the PC version that was created by GAFfer Seyavesh (Tab).
i'm sad i never got ot show off my favorite part of the mod though:
zIsrHhy.gif

i could never find a combo that ended with it that i liked

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've always said that it doesn't fit Vergil. It's too barbaric.

I sort of agree. I feel this way about million stab too.

When asked about it, I believe Itsuno mentioned that Vergil has an underlying wildness beneath his cool and tempered exterior that will rarely show through in his moves. It goes hand in hand with Vergil having a sort of imperfect samurai style that was assimilated from his voice and mocap actor Dan Southworth.

AlexBasch

I feel like a neanderthal every time I play Devil May Cry and then I see people doing this shit.

Jesus Christ, good work.

Well, it's just that I think Dante's darkslayer should've been fleshed out by giving him that Jetstream move, the million slashes, and the roulette spin. Basically all of Vergil's yamato moves where it feels like he's yolo-ing it. And the shoryu reppa as well, even though it's not a yamato move

Meanwhile, I feel Dante's Aerial Rave V (the DMC3 yamato aerial rave) belonged to Vergil more

Top Bottom