• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Selects line comes to 3DS in Europe this October

JoeM86

28th September, 2015 – Nintendo Selects is a range of popular Nintendo games offered at great value. Whether you want to discover a game you may have missed the first time around or simply just get a great deal ahead of Christmas, the Nintendo Selects range offers varied gaming experiences at a value offering. With over 20 classic Wii titles already available to enjoy as part of the Nintendo Selects range for Wii and Wii U, that line-up is set to expand and get even bigger on 16th October when Nintendo 3DS games, playable on the Nintendo 3DS family of handheld systems including Nintendo 2DS, join the Nintendo Selects range for the very first time.

Nintendo of Europe is set to re-release six of the most popular games for the Nintendo 3DS, which have sold a combined total of over 3.8 million units across Europe to date. The line-up is set to include:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: Following on from the 1992 Super NES title The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, discover a new story in the kingdom of Hyrule. Armed with new items and the ability to move across walls as if he were painted on them, Link must conquer perilous dungeons in his quest to restore peace to two very different worlds.

Star Fox 64 3D: The Star Fox team returns for one of its greatest missions, originally released as Lylat Wars in Europe. Blast enemies as you fly through ruined cityscapes and dense meteor fields, and take on friends in local multiplayer in this action-packed 3D shooter.

nintendogs + cats: Have you ever wanted to play with puppies and kittens in the palm of your hand? Look after a range of breeds, teach them tricks, enter them in different challenges and activities, and dress them up in a range of accessories. Different breeds are available to choose at the start of each of the game’s three versions: French Bulldog, Toy Poodle, and Golden Retriever. All breeds can be unlocked in all versions.

Mario Tennis Open: Thrilling tennis action for up to four players, either online or in Local Play. Run your opponent ragged with topspin, backspin, lobs and more, then get in position to pull off a stunning Chance Shot that’s sure to leave them completely bamboozled!

Yoshi’s New Island: Yoshi and Baby Mario are reunited for a free-wheeling platform adventure packed with classic Yoshi gameplay, all wrapped up in a collection of dreamy art styles. Hunt high and low for countless collectibles, and even smash through obstacles with the new Mega Eggdozers.

Mario Party: Island Tour: A content-packed party in your pocket! Dive into 80 hilarious new minigames and share the fun with friends via Download Play, where four people can party on together with just one Game Card between them.

Owners of a handheld system in the Nintendo 3DS family, including Nintendo 2DS, can look forward to great games at great value when these six Nintendo 3DS titles join the Nintendo Selects range for the very first time across Europe on 16th October.

Interesting selection of games for it.

ImsSL9m.jpg
EEkiF4n.jpg
ZMxEtHb.jpg
U3TxBhY.jpg
2pFLQjL.jpg
MMcLHFO.jpg
EolI7ny.jpg
xYA5I9i.jpg

Haven't bought Starfox or Mario Tennis yet - so I'm happy! (I believe they also included those two to push interest in the upcoming Wii U titles)

KingBroly

Banned
The last 3 on there are terrible. Mario Golf World Tour > Mario Tennis Open

I still love the term "Nintendo Selects." It's like something you'd find in a Deli.

I'll probably pick up Nintendogs 3DS eventually. Just waiting on a good price - this might be it. Game was so damn cute on DS. And Starfox is a buy, too.

Neat, might pick up Starfox this time around. Also, purely from nostalgia, I really wish they still used Lylat Wars as the title.

Damn it, I kept trying to make the thread but GAF kept failing to load and giving me a "database error". :/

Oh well, you found the boxes, so you win by default. XD

I hope if this comes to NA that Nintendo will put them in red cases to match like with MK7, 3D Land, etc.

ZeroX03

Banned
Pretty shoddy lineup to be honest. Star Fox & ALBW the only real standouts. Mario Party, Tennis and Yoshi have all been on substantial sale before, mostly because nobody is all that interested in them.

Zalman

I usually dislike these greatest hits things, but the red Nintendo Selects design is kind of cool. It's an unusual lineup though, but there'll be more to come.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
A Link Between Worlds donning that gold cover to punish those who didn't buy it at standard price.

Wow, looks like Nintendo will finally resort to dropping the price of their software in the UK then. I guess miracles never do cease to happen. Assuming this actually includes the UK of course.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I think the only odd games in there are Mario Party and Nintendogs, because all other games recently got or will soon get a Wii U or 3DS sequel, so they can benefit of cross marketing.

Also, I want to stress that Yoshi's New Island is a really good game.

Doczu

Gold Member
So Zelda and Starfox will be mine.

Bummer that they didn't add Fire Emblem. Would love to play that one.

Oregano

I think the only odd games in there are Mario Party and Nintendogs, because all other games recently got or will soon get a Wii U or 3DS sequel, so they can benefit of cross marketing.

Also, I want to stress that Yoshi's New Island is a really good game.

Nintendogs is a frontrunner for a mobile game IMO.

Saiyan-Rox

I would have thought Ocarina Of Time would be one of these?

That is one weird ass list of games....Shame Luigi's mansion isn't part of it.

cyba89

Not so interesting for me because I buy almost all Nintendo games I'm interested in at launch. The only game I would be interested as a Nintendo Selects would be Mario Golf.
But good to see some Nintendo games going down in price. I hope they will also do this for WiiU next year.

They could have also included Mario&Luigi and Fire Emblem then. Those also have a sequel coming up.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
The Yoshi boxart looks great, because of the painting style of the original cover. This way, the frame really looks like frame for a painting.

Robin64

I do wonder if the eShop versions will get a price cut and be labelled as Nintendo Selects too. That'd be nice.

TheMoon

I'm more-so wondering why they chose Nintendogs in the first place, really. I didn't know it was still popular. I guess people still love their virtual dogs.

As of March 2014, Nintendogs+Cats had sold 3.5 million. I'm sure they'd like to squeeze some more out of that with this budget re-release.

I'll get Starfox (Lylat Wars) if the price is right. Already played ALBW and the rest of the lineup is... eh

There is no more Lylat Wars. Unless you buy the VC version. Star Fox 64 3D is Star Fox 64 3D everywhere now. Just FYI.

Those boxes look so gross.

Sorry but no. All the other budget lines look gross, yea. But these? No way.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
As others in the thread, I do hope that digital SKUs get the same price as Selects. Still, while the initial selection is strange, it's good to see Nintendo starting the Select line on 3DS too. I wonder if we'll get an announcement for NA later in the day.

Top Bottom