• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oklahoma stays execution of Richard Glossip because they have the wrong lethal drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

klonere

Banned
https://twitter.com/csmcdaniel/status/649327897631698944

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnash...ichard-glossip-today-amidst-claims#.mcEN829k5

CQLgPkBWUAAegD4.png

There are no words.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Without speaking for this specific individual, can you just imagine what it must feel like as someone sentenced to death to know that your executioners are plotting the most efficient way to exterminate you? Arguably even worse for those who know they are innocent and have been wrongfully convicted.

Chariot

At this point I am not sure if they really want to kill or just torture him. Get your shit America, this isn't justice, it's bullshit.

SoulUnison

Banned
Learning you get to live another week because of incompetent bureaucracy?

That's Hell. That's being trapped in a Hell.

gerg

Without speaking for this specific individual, can you just imagine what it must feel like as someone sentenced to death to know that your executioners are plotting the most efficient way to exterminate you? Arguably even worse for those who know they are innocent and have been wrongfully convicted.

Well, to be honest if I think if I were going to die I'd actually rather it be quick and relatively painless, not in one of the longer, drawn-out experiences born by the non-preferred drugs that states are now having to use.

On the other hand, he may wish to die now with those worse drugs than die later with the more efficient ones.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Well, to be honest if I were going to die I'd actually rather it be quick and relatively painless, not in one of the longer, drawn-out experiences born by the non-preferred drugs that states are now having to use.

Well, that's what I mean. Given this particular instance imagine knowing that you're being granted an extra month of life because they don't know whether their lethal drug will be sufficient enough to kill your ass.

NimbusD

wtf is the point? This is sort of insane. They don't care enough to actually make sure 100% that someone actually commited a crime that's deserving of the death sentence, but they HAVE to make sure they have the right, humane drugs in order to have the moral high ground and feel good about themselves.

wtf is the point? This is sort of insane. They don't care enough to actually make sure 100% that someone actually commited a crime that's deserving of the death sentence, but they HAVE to make sure they have the right, humane drugs in order to have the moral high ground and feel good about themselves.

Exactly, the irony is preposterous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom