• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vancouver-Age Meetup V. 2 - The Freeze is Real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laugh at the Leafs, laugh at the Canucks, drink, eat, bring your 3DS/Vita if you'd like, talk about bike lanes, foreign investors, housing prices, the weather, how X won the election, and meet Tabris.

Date: Saturday Nov. 14, 4:00 pm PST (Vancouver Canucks vs. Toronto Maple Leafs)

Location: The London Pub, 700 Main Street (a 10-minute walk from Tabris's place)

Attendees:

Lone_Prodigy
Tabris
Firestorm
Jotamide
The Last Emperor
Nottheguyyoukill
Shaanyboi
Bamelin
Mutfox
RC
TurtleSnatcher
drunkendonuts
Harusame
Wrenchninja

We've pulled it off before.
The Vancouver thread where the magic happens.

This GIF is gonna get some use on November 14th:

G4m9UfE.gif

i figured you guys would have been on meetup twenty or something with how nice the weather is and how easy it is to get around

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Apparently, the women are picky, West Coasters are cold and distant, and there are even more Generic Asians than Toronto.

what now? That's Toronto man. West Coasters are chill as fuck.

Also LOL at thee "must be within 5mins of Tabris' place"

I remember last time we told him to come and he was like "too far" and it was LITERALLY a 10min walk from his place :lol

RC

Banned
I suggest a place close to the International Village Mall on Pender, so I can park for free.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I suggest a place close to the International Village Mall on Pender, so I can park for free.

Coincidentally right next to Tabby's place!

... wait, how about we just meet AT Tabby's place?

Google

What do people think of The Cambie?

Went there for the first time ever a couple of weekends ago.

It was fucking great. So many foreign people and I fell in love with their magical jukebox machine thing that let me play Pogo by Digitalism for 5 hours.

Google

I haven't been there for a while, how's their TV setup?

They have TVs there?

I dont know man - I'm not going out to a dive bar on the corner of Cambie and Hastings to watch TV...

Sorry I cant be much help - if that's what you're looking for then head to The Pint or something similiar nearby.

Firestorm

Pub340 is proper fucking dive bar. It's next to The Cambie and a good 50% more dive.
I think it might be too dive for me tbh. Every time I walk by it I can't help but feel I never want to go inside.

The Pint was a good suggestion if it's not too busy I think. The Cambie sounds good too. Lots of space. Haven't been there in years for some reason.
You're going? fuck that, I'm skipping this

LOL NO I VALUE MY LIFE PLZKTHX

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h343/bigredjj10/Surrey.jpg/QUOTE]
Fun Facts: I made this Photoshop.

Google

I think it might be too dive for me tbh. Every time I walk by it I can't help but feel I never want to go inside.

The Pint was a good suggestion if it's not too busy I think. The Cambie sounds good too. Lots of space. .

It's had a refresh apparently. It looked pretty clean inside when I was there.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Literally every store in that mall is a front for money laundering, I guarantee it

Nah breh, the board game store is cool.

I'm ok with the Cambie, not sure if they have any TVs tho.

Tfw my girlfriend and I are thinking of moving to Vancouver

We currently live in Utah but Vancouver is appealing to us both. Anything we should know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom