• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady accidentally cuts self. Police respond, try to shoot dog, shoot daughter instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

What's with the cowardly behavior cops have with dogs?

Just use your damn billy club. Why go for the lethal option all the time? That's someone's pet.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
So, since the girl will be alright, I guess it's ok to laugh at that thread title.

/edit: Or not. I just read the entire story. It sounded like a graze shot, but the girl is four years old, had a shattered bone, and thought she was going to die. Christ.

American police.

spmQGzJ.gif

Is this cop a fucking South Park character? The moment you, while coincidentally dropping by to attend to a lady who is cut and bleeding but not being attacked or assailed or anything, decide that it is necessary to kill the family pet, you have already become one of the biggest assholes ever.

Shooting the 4 year old daughter isn't even icing on the shit cake. It is like the fusion of two shit cakes into one shit cake sandwich.

Zaphrynn

Police ever think about just macing a dog? The first instinct is to pull their gun and fire without paying attention to who else might be in the way of the bullet. Pathetic.

How do you even fuck up this bad? Why is the natural reaction to shoot any dog on the premises? It's possible the dog charged but I think it's also likely that the dog was just doing what dogs do, coming to investigate the new person to enter the house.

Hagi

"Unintentionally shot a child" should be marked on his record in big red fucking letters. It should probably be on the side of his squad car as well.

red731

4 year old asking if she's gonna die. Trying to kill "charging" dog.
What an awesome cops you have there. yada yada bright exceptions.

What kind of fucking idiots do US Police forces employ? Is there any selection criteria at all or do you just need mirrored Ray-bans, a 'tache, no common sense, and an itchy trigger finger?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I just image-googled the dog's race, and that's what came up:

file_23138_boston-terrier.jpg

Looks like a life-threatening beast.

Chariot

What kind of fucking idiots do US Police forces employ? Is there any selection criteria at all or do you just need mirrored Ray-bans, a 'tache, no common sense, and an itchy trigger finger?
I read on NeoGAF that there is actually some mechanic that rejects people who are too good on an IQ test.

jacobeid

Banned
Dear American Police,

QUIT YOUR FUCKING SHIT.

Love,

Everyone

Edit: Holy shit this is my city. Wait, I thought this sounded familiar. Didn't this happen in late June?

Get shot asking for help.

Get shot getting an education.

Get shot at work.

Get shot going to the movies.

Get shot at the mall.

No wonder Americans are paranoid.

I can understand using deadly force depending on he type of animal, but a boxer-terrier mix? lol come on. Yeah, cops in America need better training.

The Boat

Something drastic needs to be done about US police (and gun control while we're at it). Seriously, this shit is beyond ridiculous.

dity

Are United States police just not taught how to handle animals, is getting bitten over there super common or something? I just can't imagine how they always go to shoot animals. And it's even more awful how this resulted in shooting a kid!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=917184541694205&id=864680396944620

I started to scream that officer Thomas had shot Ava. The only thing I could think to do was to take the rag I had on my arm and hold it on Ava's leg. Ava was crying and asking if she was going to die as her aunt Brandie, cousin Madison, big brother Clayton and little sister Mia watched crying in fear. As I was lying on the floor with Ava my sister walked on to the front porch and asked officer Thomas why he shot. Officer Thomas replied that the dog charged him. My sister replied that Patches did not charge him and was in the house when he shot. My sister was still on the phone with 911 and they realized what happened and insured my sister help was on the way. Officer Thomas then told my sister to stop yelling at him and walked back to his vehicle. Officer Thomas never said sorry, never said it was an accident, never said that he called for help or was going to call for help, never asked if Ava was ok, and never asked if he could check on Ava. Officer Thomas went back to his vehicle and started to pull away. My neighbors have even verified that he started pulling away before any help was there. Officer Thomas shot Ava and left knowing he shot Ava and not knowing the condition she was in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom