• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scroll Play: an elegant combined mat and deckbox system (Kickstarter, $63k goal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

Link to the Campaign
The kickstarter is for the production of a magnetic deckbox in order to be more efficient with regards to carrying items around. Being a yu-gi-oh player, I know there's at least 20 different things you need to remember when going from match to match and given that you're always trying to watch your stuff, it becomes a bit stressful.

It's primarily designed with Magic the Gathering in mind, but the designer says that other card games will be considered when sending out the final design (granted, most card games have cards the same size as or smaller than magic, so its not like there's much to change).

Based on the video, the design itself is mostly complete. Funding seems to be going towards production, with mentions of a possible retail run (but he mentions that backers will get more options).

Some pictures from the campaign:

8kRVa49.png

4Sv9Bwj.png

The deckbox comes both with and without the mat: the matless version comes with magnets to go with any appropriately sized mat you already have, although I am unsure of how they are attached. Of the mat that come with it, there are various designs available, with more being commissioned throughout the campaign:

I wanted to give exposure to this Kickstarter, as the project is only 49% funded with less than 2 weeks left. I know many on GAF enjoy various TCG/CCGs, so I felt it was appropriate to share.

Base price for a mat-less version (with magnets included) is $53 + $10 shipping. With-mat version is $68 +$10 shipping.

Regiruler

Bumping because there's been an update and there's only 7 hours left (if a mod could change the title to reflect this that would be fantastic), with still a lot of funding left to go.

Proposed idea for a tile-based mat for tabletop roleplays and DM'ing:
The request came up because the base would be a good place to hold your dice, figures, and pencils, so this is a basic design to accompany it.

This idea is amazing. Not sure why there isn't more support for this KS. He did mention that he'll try to pursue more traditional funding methods so hopefully we'll be able to purchase this in a year or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom