• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Joe Finishes Halo 5 CO-OP in 4 hrs on 'normal' difficulty (see post #1377)

Tak3n

Banned
Hey

Posted as I felt that headline was pretty news worthy? especially if buying just for the SP, this was on normal, so essentially 3hr 30 mins of game play. He immediately does say he feels normal needs to be removed and the minimum difficulty should be Heroic... takes 7 hours on heroic because of deaths etc

I obviously appreciate differing skill levels of players etc, but is that the norm? my copy only just arrived so not started yet

skip to 8:25 for the headline segment

He also calls on Halo Fans to stop sucking 343's private parts, as by acting as a critic of a game he says he loves; it allows 343 to get better, where as just stroking them wont get any improvements...You fight the same boss over and over, he also shits on destiny a fair amount, he is also very harsh on the reasons for removing split screen MP, cost him 400$ to get another X1 and copy of the game

$1,100 in micro transactions or 680 hours to unlock the req packs, find 343 video calling people kids who criticise req system, however game looks amazing and offers solid gameplay

anyway here it is if you fancy a watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahRDm9Bwlyc

I'm not the biggest Halo fan (last game I really got into was Halo 3), but that feels really short for a campaign in this series, especially given its the Xbox brand's biggest IP and they bank quite a bit on its characters and lore.

I disagree with most of what he's saying, and think its one of the best shooters out this gen, but i understand his complaints and respect his opinion.

For the record, I played on heroic (it does say 'this is the way halo is meant to be played') and it took me a pretty long chunk of time

derwalde

tumblr_ncow7kOlOE1smr45to1_500.gif

Grisby

Normal is very easy. You have more powerful abilities and a revive mechanic thanks to your squad.

Heroic is tougher, and when I completed it on that difficulty, it felt about the same length as previous Halos.

Legendary has been busting my balls. Spent a good thirty minutes on some sections already.

He ain't wrong. I finished it in a similar time. Couldn't believe I finished it so quickly. I always play on normal first and this campaign was by far the shortest in the series. On heroic it's added an extra hour and half or two but it still ain't much.

Chobel

He also calls on Halo Fans to stop sucking 343's private parts, as by acting as a critic of a game he says he loves; it allows 343 to get better, where as just stroking them wont get any improvements

Was this really needed in the OP?

Pudge

If anything, Normal seems way easier than it was in previous games. I agree that the difficulties should be remixed, I can't even imagine what Easy is like at this point.

Almost inverse ratio to The Order...

I'm surprised that the story is over so quickly or getting the shaft accoridng to other threads. I always viewed Halo as a narrative intensive shooter.

Ill tell ya what

After watching my buddy play Halo 5 for a few hours I had this weird feeling

I predicted in my mind that this game was going to get some post release backlash. It just looked and played weird to me... and didnt look as good as reviewers were making it out to be

At least not in 2015. Not sure if the sentiment is shared so far but im starting to see more and more of these kind of threads pop up on GAF

Tak3n

Banned
Was this really needed in the OP?

I felt so as if you watch that part, you will see it is edited from a live stream, so he was obviously taking a lot of flak at that part, and he is trying to say that improvement comes from people saying, this is not right, that is not right etc, rather than just saying they did a great job

I'm playing and I'm on mission 14. I think it's been about 6 hours so far? I'm not rushing through it and I'm really enjoying the campaign. The pace is really excellent it doesn't let up, and I don't think there have been an hour of cinematics at all?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So the story is shitty and its super short on top of that?

I thought the other campaigns were fairly expansive personally. Is it shorter than Halo 4?

Kill3r7

The campaign was okay, better than 4. Took about 9 hours to beat on Heroic, playing in short sessions. I am sure I could beat it in under 5 hours on normal.

Thirteen and a half hours it took me on Heroic.

Just started my Legendary Solo run and I think that will probably take me about eight months and twenty three days.

ciddative

I'm not sure how it would take 3 hours to be honest. I guess I take more time to play my games but I'm around 7-8 hours

These comments along the lines of "game lasts longer if you play on higher difficulties" irk me somewhat.

Are we including player deaths & retries in a game's SP campaign length now? In that case surely you can just ratchet any SP campaign up to the highest difficulty, bang - great value for money.

Halo fans may balk at playing on normal, but for people new to the franchise, playing on normal is the natural and expected way to go, and ~4 hours isn't great for such a long-awaited and hyped game.

EDIT

Legendary or bust.

Who plays a game on normal? Especially when there are 2 difficulty levels above it.

Quite a lot of people, mainly because it's called "normal"

DSmalls84

My clocked time was 7.5 hours on normal. I am probably closer to the the average Halo player than Angry Joe. I have played all of the games but I'm nowhere near pro level. Anyways the campaign is a tad short but I feel like Coop and Warzone will keep me playing for a while. Would definitely recommend the game to anybody with an Xbox One.

nubbe

short and sweet?
I remember just running past all the enemies halfway through Halo 2, because the shooting just got so boring and brutes suck ass

Leflus

Is he seriously suggesting that people are sucking 343's balls? Lmao.

There are definitely things that could have been better in Halo 5, though. Hopefully they'll build on the superb gameplay and craft a better story next time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't feel anywhere near an hour of cinematics. Campaign was great. Took me about six hours on Normal. Replaying it on Heroic then Legendary. I definitely got my money's worth with the normal campaign. Great game.

Would be fine if the story was good or the campaign was well designed. Not sure that's the case. At least the multiplayer sounds pretty good

nynt9

Well I guess Multiplayer is the biggest priority in this game?

Considering it has microtransactions, that wouldn't be surprising.

I've heard other people beat it in about 4-5 hours too. What's more egregious to me is that none of the events shown in the marketing, the pre-release hype and whatnot actually happen in the game. The mystique and the grim atmosphere created by the marketing is just not present. That and you only get to play as Master Chief in
out of
missions.

This was one of Joe's better videos I think, but GAF is full of people who choose to ignore what Joe says based on his delivery, even though he articulates his ideas well and does his work before putting out a review, unlike certain other journalists.

People are actually watching that individual's videos? Holy....

People have been banned for drive-by posts like this. j/s.
I agree with you though.

Anyhow, isn't the general consensus the SP is short in this game? Not sure what's so significant about this Joe character finishing it in the time he did.

Tons, all approaching fro different angles...

We have the Req Pack thread, the Killzone vs. Halo sp thread, the MP connectivity issue thread, the Halo is low selling in UK thread....

Don't play the game on normal....
Two of those sounds like concern threads and the other is sales. The kz vs halo wasn't needed tho. Criticism isn't bashing

He also calls on Halo Fans to stop sucking 343's private parts, as by acting as a critic of a game he says he loves; it allows 343 to get better, where as just stroking them wont get any improvements...You fight the same boss over and over, he also shits on destiny a fair amount, he is also very harsh on the reasons for removing split screen MP, cost him 400$ to get another X1 and copy of the game

anyway here it is if you fancy a watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahRDm9Bwlyc

Haven't been following this series too closely for a few games, but haven't many Halo fans been super critical of 343i? It doesn't seem like this is happening at all

Top Bottom