• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemone red/blue/yellow coming to 3DS VC

Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (and green for Japan) are coming to the virtual console!

Release date is 27th of February 2016, 20 years to the day after the original Japanese release.

They're even modified to allow trading wirelessly between the gen 1 virtual console games. No word on online nor pokemon bank support, nor uptrading to X/Y/AS/OR/whatever. I doubt either will be included.

Also for Japan:
JAPAN IS GETTING BOXED VERSIONS OF RED GREEN BLUE AND YELLOW

xlSyjV6.jpg

I WILL BUY THEM ALL

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah I was watching this and going "well Joe was just proven wrong".

But I guess they solved the link cable issue which was his main concern so he's slightly vindicated.

e: they're using wireless for trading OP, how did you miss that

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Thankfully they've worked out trading and [edit: potentially?] battling...if the games were strictly single-player affairs it would be a complete waste.

Galang

Banned
OP already has it covered, but I came to say lol at everyone that said it would never happen. As if you can ever 100% predict what a company will do in the future.

This is great for fans!

Andrefpvs

It would be great if this was compatible with Pokémon Bank (for uploading only). Data structures would have to be converted, but it would be a nice touch.

dc89

Sold. I'll take one of each.
Would it be too much to ask for them to also port the Fire Red and Leaf Green versions too?

You mean the remakes that you already got?

I swear, some people want Game Freak to just keep making Red/Blue every generation.
Damn right I do. I just want to play with the Original 251 again. Give me a 3D Red/Blue and Gold/Silver. I don't really care about the other awful... 400? 500? Pokemon.

Johto and Kanto would be incredible in 3D.

Top Bottom