• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crypt of the Necrodancer to get Spike Chunsoft collaborations in Japan

Takao

Banned
AMlJVCc.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201511/24093554.html

Wouldn't hope on these making it in the western versions.

Tizoc

hMM THERE's a DanganRonpa stream in a few hours
Could DESPAIR be also coming to Steam based on this news?

Regardless, time to grab this game in the next sale or bundle~

So where is the Vita port that was announced months ago?

These things take time, lad.
Wait, be patient.

hMM THERE's a DanganRonpa stream in a few hours
Could DESPAIR be also coming to Steam based on this news?

Regardless, time to grab this game in the next sale or bundle~

These things take time, lad.
Wait, be patient.

god man
vita and steam are my main platforms
please let this come to the west on one of them. danganronpa 1 is one of the best games ever made forme

The article is about the content being in the PS4 and Vita versions, and given this announcement I'd wager we'll know more this week)

YAY

Takao

Banned
So where is the Vita port of Necrodancer that was announced months ago?

Sorry for not being clear, but this is for the Vita and PS4 versions. Spike Chunsoft is publishing those two in Japan. Development on them is listed as 70% complete. No word on if they'll get physical copies over there.

Oh yay, Danganronpa woo. People love that I guess.

BUT WAIT, IS THAT SHIREN THE WANDERER?! Oh boy!
I've been waiting for someone to make a mod or something for Nercodancer that involves Shiren or just any Mystery Dungeon game.

Occam

Sorry for not being clear, but this is for the Vita and PS4 versions. Spike Chunsoft is publishing those two in Japan. Development on them is listed as 70% complete. No word on if they'll get physical copies over there.

Yeah, I see the image says Vita/PS4 in the lower left, it's just rather low res so I didn't notice right away.

Tizoc

Oh yay, Danganronpa woo. People love that I guess.

BUT WAIT, IS THAT SHIREN THE WANDERER?! Oh boy!
I've been waiting for someone to make a mod or something for Nercodancer that involves Shiren or just any Mystery Dungeon game.

Yup that's Shiren alright.

Bleep

It's kind of a bummer seeing Shiren added to these games that originate from the west, but no modern Shiren games making it over to the west in the past 5 years... Cool to see these games get published with good support in the Japan though.

Sarcasm

So is this crpyt of the necrodancer for PS4/Vita or that Danganronpa game?

I can't tell what this is cause I can't make picture bigger and website is oddly blocked on school PC.

Or is this DLC or something...lol

I can't tell what this is cause I can't make picture bigger and website is oddly blocked on school PC.

It's like how Spike Chunsoft added Monokuma into Terraria. A neat thing they've put into the game for the Japanese market.

Occam

It's for Necrodancer on Vita/PS4.

Hektor

I hope this is going to make it into the western PC-Version somehow. Hate exclusive content. And every game is better with Monokuma in it.

Crypt of the NecroDancer is so easy to male custom mods that even I made one. These sprites would be really easy to port to PC if someone gets their hands on the sprite sheets or actually recreates all the frames by hand.

Can people datamine Vita games?

God damn it...how annoying is it to account switch on a vita?

Need another memcard/format and wipe your memcard's data (which makes you lose save data as well unless you back it up on PC), always requires a pretty long procedure (needs 10+ minutes, Internet access)

Sarcasm

The game's being released in North America and Europe. Is it really worth the trouble just for a few cameos?

Eh kind of since I am in Taiwan and can most likely gotten the JP stuff locally if it was physical. Tends to be cheaper here too.

They do got 8GB card on sale for 20 here atm.

Narroo

I wonder if they'll "address" Aria in this release?

At the very least, Aria doesn't belong in "All Characters Mode."

Sarcasm

Bought a 8Gb card on sale and I can get the address of my wife's sister, she is in Japan studying.

But what if the best way of getting cash into JP psn?

Also for switching accounts so I need the card in? I have the newer via (light pink team represent!).

So I just bought the JP version and am playing as monokuma right now on PS4. It is fully in English and only X and O are switched in the game as with most asia/JP digital games.

I cant try this on vita as my vita is EU or US account only right now. But yea for those just getting this on PS4, you can get the Dangan stuff by just buying the JP version for 1944 Yen like I did and play on any PSN account on that console.

Top Bottom