• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Santa Hacked! North Pole Cyber Breach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

The North Pole: it seems so safe, tucked away at the top of the world. But in today’s digital climate, even a secret, ice-covered compound on your own slice of frozen ocean isn’t enough to keep your data out of reach from hackers and other cyber security threats. The North Pole’s most famous resident (apologies to Rudolph), Santa Claus, found this out the hard way today. According to early reports, the Claus residence suffered a huge security breach when hackers managed to steal a massive amount of data from Santa’s personal network, which was apparently protected only by the oh-so-secret password “Rudolph.”

Before you ask, yes: the infamous Naughty List is among the files stolen from Santa’s personal laptop. While no one has a copy of the List yet, some observers are calling on Santa to release its contents himself. “What’s the big deal? If you know you’re on the Nice List, you should have nothing to worry about,” said one prominent Congressman. Santa, speaking through his Communications Elf, declined to comment, saying he’s investigating which security software to buy.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/11/30/santa-hacked-north-pole-cyber-breach.html

This has to be my new favorite advertisement.

Ganhyun

Well, if they stole Santa's data we're all fucked since he has data on every person on Earth since they were a child.

Kurdel

Banned
Everytime I see the blue sponsored content on Daily Beast I ignore it, thanks for sharing and making me watch that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom