• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune vs Zombies coming in Spring 2016 (Vita)

Yasumi

Banned
Announced at the IFI event. Site once it goes live: ideafintl.com/blanc-zombies
CVWmvmKUwAEaIF-.jpg:large

RK128

Great to see that this is coming over :D! It was expected (as all the Hyperdimension games came over) but still, nice to hear it officially :).

Hoping this means that Neptuina vs. Sega Hard Girls is coming over next year as well.

cj_iwakura

How does these game keep getting localized? Whose the audience?

The Neptunia games sell ridiculously well. Which saddens me on many, many levels.

You know how Disgaea did so well for Atlus that NISA was made as a result? Neptunia did so good for NISA that now we have Idea Factory International.

When this series has been one of the best selling jrpgs on Steam, I'd say it has a fairly significant audience and no reason for shutting it down anytime soon. Not to mention what it accomplishes on Vita, which even that was enough for them to continue with it.

So what genre is this game? I assume it isn't an RPG because the spin-offs usually aren't.

Action rpg with visual novel style story elements (all Nep games have these), like Action U.

Clov

I was hoping for Bad Apple Wars. :( Oh well.

Is that one of their otome games? They still license those out to Aksys, so if it is one then hope's not lost. They do very well for Aksys, after all!

Also, not surprised to see this one make it over. Where's the Sega Hard Girls crossover though?

Is that one of their otome games? They still license those out to Aksys, so if it is one then hope's not lost. They do very well for Aksys, after all!

An otome game with good art and killer music. Idea Factory International has published their own otome games with Amnesia. And after Norn9's problematic localization, I'd rather Aksys not localize any games I care about until they show signs of changing.

Tohsaka

Also, not surprised to see this one make it over. Where's the Sega Hard Girls crossover though?

That one just came out in Japan like last week, so they will probably wait until V-II/Blanc are out before announcing the localization.

cj_iwakura

An otome game with good art and killer music. Idea Factory International has published their own otome games with Amnesia. And after Norn9's problematic localization, I'd rather Aksys not localize any games I care about until they show signs of changing.

What happened with Norn9? (I happen to think otome games are what IF are best at.)

Just glanced at the OT. Yikes.

kagamin

The Neptunia games sell ridiculously well. Which saddens me on many, many levels.

Hey I liked the first Re;Birth for what it was, can't vouch for the others (mostly because the gameplay is the same and I don't feel like it without a good price tag), but yea.

Yasumi

Banned
Hey I liked the first Re;Birth for what it was, can't vouch for the others (mostly because the gameplay is the same and I don't feel like it without a good price tag), but yea.
The only Neptunia that was really bad was the very first one, they've improved dramatically since, and the rebirths are legitimately good games. CJ just has a silly grudge against Idea Factory games.

cj_iwakura

The only Neptunia that was really bad was the very first one, they've improved dramatically since, and the rebirths are legitimately good games. CJ just has a silly grudge against Idea Factory games.

They've gone from being awful to mediocre. They still have yet to make a legitimately good game.

Clov

It's definitely possible for IFI to handle it, though I'm not sure how well Amnesia did. I hope it was successful, since I'd love to see more otome titles making it over.

Looking at Norn9, I'm pretty surprised. The Aksys published titles I've played all had good localizations; guess they just dropped the ball on that one. Hopefully if they do pick this one up, they won't rush the localization.

That one just came out in Japan like last week, so they will probably wait until V-II/Blanc are out before announcing the localization.

Oh, I didn't realize it was that recent! Yeah, that announcement is probably a bit further out.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

You know how Disgaea did so well for Atlus that NISA was made as a result? Neptunia did so good for NISA that now we have Idea Factory International.

Why? The neptunia games are good. No reason to put them down for their success.

flohen95

It still amazes me that they managed to establish the franchise the way they did despite the first game being... not favourable. The improvements made since then are quite astonishing, and playing through Re;Birth 3 right now is a blast for me.

That said, I'm so in for this. Really enjoyed U, and since this is supposed to be rather similar, I'm excited.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Have you even tried those games?
Characters are funny with many forth wall breaking gags and the gameplay is enjoyable enough.
If for you anime girls=bad it's your problem, i'm not a fan of "moe" games but if people like them what's your problem? Disgaea has nothing to do with Neptunia, 2 different series for 2 different genres, their sales are unrelated, if you want to blame someone blame disgaea and srpgs fans.

Cheerilee

They've gone from being awful to mediocre. They still have yet to make a legitimately good game.

I'm currently playing Rebirth1 on PC, and I'm loving the combination of cuteness and humor. The game itself is "good enough" to not get in the way. I particularly like the fast loading, as I feel like I haven't seen that since the SNES. I bought Rebirth2 because I don't want this ride to end.

Cool. Might just wait for Steam on this one down the line. I enjoyed Nep U, but felt I'd had my fill of it by the time I finished, so not as fussed about this.

At least they're bringing Trillion next year which I am very hyped for.

anderedna

Oh, this reminds me I need to start playing Re;3
Bought that ages ago but haven't have time to start playing it.

BTW, Noire rocks. Best goddess in the series. Blanc goes third, behind Uni.

18-Volt

Yes! Vita becomes the ultimate Nepnep machine. Will get this day 1.

Not yet, but:

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/672659173260181505

"Sneak peak of the Idea Factory interview that we'll have up on the site later on - Neptunia vs Sega Hard Girls is "on the table"."

I wish Death Under the Labyrinth was also "on the table". That seems like most interesting DRPG on Vita: La Pucelle artist and pet mechas. Hopefully they'll localize that too.

Looking forward to this one greatly, hopefully I can assemble together 3 other people to play it online with.

Except Victory II, which is legitimately better than pretty much every JRPG from the last console generation. But you know, let's keep shitting on the Neptunia series because once upon a time Compile Heart made bad games.

Hubb

Weren't you the one to admit having never played the newer games in the franchise and just bashing it because reasons ?

Yes, well if by newer games you meant any of them.

Not even if I was paid to.

At best it's like 'well they're not awful now!'. Eff that, I have better games to play with my time.

I'm a pretty vocal opponent of IF. I tend to avoid the OTs, though. If people enjoy them, more power to them, but I'll always try to warn the unfamiliar.

MauroNL

Its up on VGP. April 26 release date mentioned.

Fight off zombie hordes with friends in the first multiplayer game in the Neptunia series, MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies for the PlayStation Vita system. It is a sequel to the high intensity hack 'n slash action game Neptunia U . Set in Gamicademi, Gamindustri’s academy for CPUs and CPU candidates, Blanc and friends must film a movie to save their school, fend off zombies, and look cute at the same time. Play with up to three friends in the multiplayer mode or, with two support characters to boost statuses in battle, tag team with another character, including new characters, Tamsoft and Uzume Tennouboshi, and familiar faces, Plutia, Peashy, Dengekiko, and Famitsu, to Nep up some zombies. Additionally, you can stylize characters with accessories like glasses, eye patches, and masks to make sure you look extra cute while slaying zombies.

• New multiplayer mode
Tag your friends in the all-new multiplayer mode. Play with up to 4 players ad-hoc and Nep up those zombies.

• Tag team is back
Switch out between two characters as you hack 'n slash. Bring along 2 support characters for bonuses in battle!

• Voices & subtitles
Enjoy original Japanese and new English voices, plus new English subtitles.

Top Bottom