• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay shows how bad Ps2 games are on Ps4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Achievements tons of games, and has been as low as a dollar a game.

Ps2 is about as sorry as I can imagine and heretic always considered 10 dollars to be too high.

It really stings that they aren't doing transfers for games I already bought three or more times in some cases.

I am disappointed in you Sony and if we don't stand together they will get by with doing us wrong.

I believe we can make a difference if we stand together.

Sony is have no issue paying 10 for a lot of games.

But I simply won't buy anymore at all with your current plans. I know you want money but this just isn't the way to do it.

I really hope Microsoft can bring some of these titles such as gta over looking better and at 10 dollars from og Xbox.

Sony has ridiculous prices on psnow as well. They have been doing this all generation.

Warxard

Banned
They aren't even out yet

Ehh, tehnically they are considering the SW titles

--

I don't think Rare Replay and the PS2 enhanced games are comparable... It does suck that there's no cross-buy for the games, which is why I'm not really buying them again outside of Rogue Galaxy and Dark Cloud.

Tagyhag

I think I'd rather spend $15 on Rogue Galaxy than most of the games in Rare Replay.

Man I don't know where all this love of Rogue Galaxy came from.

It's a poor man's FF12. It's a good game, but it basically does nothing better. I feel like the only reason people hold it to high regard is that it was localized so late on the PS2's life.

Fuck standing together. I have my wallet ready for GTA VC and SA and Twisted Metal. Roll on tomorrow. Uprendered games with trophy support is great.

HORRORSHØW

you're bitching about sony charging 10-15 bucks for old games, but also want ms to bring back old games for the same price while praising them in the same breath.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Decent thought in principle but it's hard to compare value and market value is on things.

Comparing a compilation to a remaster or emulated release isn't something I would do.

Each stands on its own merit. Like the Sega collections.

Yikes.

giphy.gif

Reset

It really stings that they aren't doing transfers for games I already bought three or more times in some cases.

Yeah, I agree with you how it sucks the PS2 classics that we purchased digitally can't be played on the PS4. And it's sad to see people defending Sony for this haha.

I don't mind the prices to much since they're at least better than what Nintendo charges for their old games.

Ehh, tehnically they are considering the SW titles

--

I don't think Rare Replay and the PS2 enhanced games are comparable...
All of the rare games look good, have achievements, have multi save states, rewind features and tons of extras in menu and art.

Any of you saying it can't be compared. Likely right. It's a huge ripoff from Sony.

RexNovis

Banned
So basically by comparing it to Rare Reolay you are saying quantity is more important than quality. Rogue Galaxy and Dark Cloud are in an entirely different league than the vast majority of titles available in RR. Maybe you could argue the Banjo games are comparable. Maybe. Your premise is ridiculous and thus is coming from someone who thinks charging for previously purchased titles is reprehensible in the first place.

Warxard

Banned
This right here. Not saying Rare Replay is bad but like 70% of those games are throw away.

Says who?

So basically by comparing it to Rare Reolay you are saying quantity is more important than quality. Rogue Galaxy and Dark Cloud are in an entirely different league than the vast majority of titles available in RR. Maybe you could argue the Banjo games are comparable. Maybe. Your premise is ridiculous and thus is coming from someone who thinks charging for previously purchased titles is reprehensible in the first place.

Why are you comparing two RPGS to a 3D platformer.

if anything Dark Cloud is more relatable to Viva Pinata

Fat4all

Banned
Can't we save these shit-threads for after the official reveal tomorrow?

There's so many of them right now it's insane.

Mikey Jr.

Nah, fuck this.

You don't want it, don't buy it. Sony doesn't owe you PS2 games. Why do people feel entitled to everything?

I'm buying Rogue Galaxy tomorrow. Don't have the disc anymore, haven't played it in like 10 years, and its in 1080p with trophies. $15 feels reasonable to me, especially since physical copies are expensive.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Jack. We know your upset. But calm the fuck down

We don't need a million threads on the same ranting subject.

Boke1879

Fuck standing together. I have my wallet ready for GTA VC and SA and Twisted Metal. Roll on tomorrow. Uprendered games with trophy support is great.

About to buy the FF7 port and Rouge Galaxy. I'll wait for a sale and buy all those damn GTA games. Twisted Metal Black is my favorite one in the series but I'll wait on that as well.

I really hope they release these titles consistently.

But to the OP. If you feel this isn't worth your money just don't buy it. It works like any other game really. Sony isn't forcing you to rebuy all of your PS2 games. Your classics on PS3 don't stop working.

Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about backwards compatibility (I'm an expert), but achievements and transferability are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in current gen where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you overcharge for a PS2 game, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the general public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase PS2 games for PS4, nor will they purchase any PS Classics for any PS system. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and announce PS2 Playback for PS4 with 30 games for $30, or you can kiss your business goodbye.

kyser73

I'll remember the next time I buy the digital version of a movie I own on DVD to bitch to Apple about how I shouldn't have to pay for it as I've already owned it on VHS & DVD.

I swear to god some people think video games are some kind of charity and not a business.

xzeldax3

Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about backwards compatibility (I'm an expert), but achievements and transferability are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in current gen where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you overcharge for a PS2 game, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the general public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase PS2 games for PS4, nor will they purchase any PS Classics for any PS system. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and announce PS2 Playback for PS4 with 30 games for $30, or you can kiss your business goodbye.
This will never get old.

RexNovis

Banned
Overly dramatic. These threads are so embarrassing and utterly disturbing.

A certain element of people finally have a legitimate gripe to harp on. If all the "holiday exclusives" posts and threads are anything to go by expect this to be a constant thing.

Not to say there's nothing to harp about. There certainly is. But it will be made into a much bigger deal than it actually is.

Boke1879

I mean you already have people in the official thread voicing their grievances. Can't we just keep it relegated to that thread. Do we have to make a separate one that will no doubt just devolve into fanboy drivel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom