• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your personal "song of the year"? (Post links!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAh2FeE92jo

The World Is...- January 10, 2014

“January 10th, 2014″ — the lead single from The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die’s sophomore album, Harmlessness — extrapolates two mythologies. The first: Diana Hunter Of Bus Drivers, the true story of a lone individual taking action in response to decades of sexual violence on the woman of Juárez, Mexico at the hands of the city’s late-night bus drivers. It’s the stuff that’s bound to become a chilling and empowering urban legend with time. The second: Diana (or Artemis, depending on your classics preference) The Warrior Goddess, who exacts revenge on all those who have wronged her. That legend has already stood the test of time and, in the video and lyrics for “January 10th, 2014,” both of these tales play out side-by-side.

The story the lyrics tell

Holy Holy - You Cannot Call For Love Like a Dog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrVadO8BHRk

Theyre an Australian band, has probably the best guitar i've heard all year.

This is the top ten (not in any order apart from the first one) I put in for this years Triple J Hottest 100.. was tough to whittle it down to 10 though.

Holy Holy - You Cannot Call For Love Like A Dog
Alabama Shakes - Don't Wanna Fight
Bring Me The Horizon - Throne
Kanye West - All Day {Ft. Theophilus London/Allan Kingdom/Paul McCartney}
Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta
Mansionair - Pick Me Up
Raury - Devil's Whisper
Set Mo - White Dress {Ft. Deutsch Duke}
Tame Impala - Let It Happen
The Weeknd - The Hills

Magwik

Banned
Guess I'll have to go with "See You Again" since I apparently don't listen to any new music at all unless I want to throw in tracks from a couple OSTs

My song of the year/decade:
Rats in the Walls - Strung Out.
No idea how a band 25 years into their career can put out what is by far their best work. Holy fuck. If you're into punk, metal or badass instrumentation, check it out. The album cover is also way cooler than whatever this random picture is that the YouTube uploaded used. Whatever.
https://youtu.be/6w-G4uvInjA

Smut! - Neon Indian
I liked their older albums but I never really got big into them. The second this song came on my speaker, I turned my head scrunched my face up and started bobbing my head. The entire album is damn strong but this is my standout track from it.

Smut! - Neon Indian
I liked their older albums but I never really got big into them. The second this song came on my speaker, I turned my head scrunched my face up and started bobbing my head. The entire album is damn strong but this is my standout track from it.

I liked his older albums more but this is my favorite song from the album too by far and one of the few he didn't play live when I saw him :/

My pick though is one of these three Beach House songs
Levitation
PPP
Rough Song

fucking magical

ATF487

The Drones - Taman Shud

RIYL if you like aussie dudes attacking everything

I don’t give a fuck about your brick and tile
I don’t really care if you’re a paedophile
I don’t care about no MasterChef
It’s as appetising as a whistle blower’s doom
Or any French cartoon
Nothing like a prune to make the death cults bloom
Why you think the whole world’s gotta be like you?
Fuck western supremacy
I ain’t sitting around being gallipolized
One man’s BBQ’s another’s hunger strike
Why’d I give a rat’s about your tribal tatts?
You came here in a boat you fucking cunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom