• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mysterious Dungeon - Shiren the Wanderer 2 is awesome! play it!

Teasel

really! even though the game is repetitive in nature in a weird twist turn of event something new always seem to happen,making the game really funny! some example...
1. one of the monster is a skeleton mage that can swing his cane for a random effect... now in a dungeon sometimes you can find a shop... if you pick an item the shopkeeper will block the exit (so you can't escape without paying) since one of the item was an item that give you 1 exp point while you have equipped (and the shopkeeper doesn't say anything if you equip something) i thought it would be a pretty cool idea to pick it and equip it so i could rest a little (since the entrance is blocked by the shopkeeper no monster can enter) and gain a few exp... guess what? the monster started to attacking the shopkeeper (i guess that was my fault since i didn't keep myself out of their line of sight) but the shopkeeper killed them (the shopkeeper is uber strong) all was going well if it wasn't for the fact that one of the enemy was a skeleton mage! he swinged his staff and *poof* the shopkeeper was gone! uh-oh '_'' he swinged his staff again and i was teleported too... too bad i had still the item and since i wasn't anymore in the shopping so i unofficial stealed the item and had to make a run for the exit while being chased by guard dogs (which by the way got quickly dispatched thanks to a magic scroll)
2. one of the things that can happen is that sometime instead of a labyrinth you get an huge room filled with tons of monster, one of the monster is a tank that move slow but can fire at distance and is really powerfull... well one of them in a labyrinth where you can hide and escape isn't a problem... 5 of them in a big room however... the entire part looked like an rpg version of battlefield! explosion everywhere! and it would get worse since when an enemy kill another enemy it become more stronger! this time i died :( but trying to running away (and well... actualy i was able to survive at the beginning before the tanks got stronger) in a situation that looked so ****ed up was awesome!

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
POST FOR TRUTH.

I own Furai no Siren on Super Famicon and N64 and they simply rock. GREAT GAMEPLAY SYSTEM, GREAT MUSIC, GREAT STORY, GREAT CHARACTERS...

They simply ROCK.

jarrod

Banned
ronito said:
How many freaking Mysterious Dungeons can there be??!!!
Just on dedicated consoles/handhelds...

Torneko: 5 games
Shiren: 5 games
Chocobo: 3 games
Asuka: 1 game
Druagga: 1 game
Pokemon: 2 games
Yangus: 1 game

...there's more for PC/mobiles.

I love Shiren too! Best Mysterious Dungeon game. Have you tried the Dreamcast version? I haven't, and I've been wondering how it is.

Top Bottom