• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TotalBiscuit's Top 10 Games of 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNmNqnJcRCI

10. Mad Max
9. Sunless Sea
8. Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide
7. Renowned Explorers
6. Rainbow Six Siege
5. Transformers Devastation
4. Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
3. Dirty Bomb
2. Duck Game
1. Undertale
Also 1. Overwatch (The game he enjoyed playing the most this year)

Also some context about why there's TWO #1 games.

a55dad6c1481d6ab4b6fafcd2ff0b9ba.png

Undertale Spoilers in the spoiler'd image below.

mu3hVUD.png

Try not to derail the thread and get it locked like The Arbitrary Awards if you can manage.

NotLiquid

Fake number ones in these OP's are close to being played out.

Don't blame OP - blame TB for doing the fakeout in the first place.

I don't know why Overwatch qualifies even if he "enjoyed it" in 2015. That's kinda like saying a demo you played at E3 is GOTY, but I guess that's why it only shares a 1 spot.

DrArchon

More props to Sunless Sea are always nice to see (heh).

Also, good to see Transformers on the list. Platinum did a great job with it, even if it wasn't on the level of something like Bayonetta.

Oynox

Apparently, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is good after all. I guess I will get it in the new year to play it with my girlfriend.

Before the inevitable flood of Bloodborne/ Witcher 3 fanatics start posting, please note that a) TotalBiscuit is PC only and b) he specifically says he hasn't played The Witcher 3 yet at the start of the video.

Nice and varied selection of games he has there. Kinda surprised to see Rocket League didn't make the cut though.

C'mon OP. How do you expect this thread to not be derailed when you do the exactly same thing that made that IGN guy thread go astray?

It's fixed, my apologies. It was posted like that because that's how he did it in the video, wasn't trying to make a joke.

gnexus

Overwatch is his #1, huh?

Well, la dee freaking dah. *waits for his beta invite that'll never come*

Nice to see Sunless Sea getting some love.

Warxard

Banned
Dirty Bomb is incredible! That and Rainbow Six are some of the best tactical games out!

I don't even know what Overwatch is. Sounds like a MOBA from the name alone. Is it a MOBA?

The time you typed this out is the time you could've used to do a google search instead

it's a team based shooter like TF2

Risev1

TB said that he only played TPP enough to do a port report about it, so no wonder it isn't on the list as he doesn't much care for MGS games. He mentioned time and again that he doesn't like Stealth games that much.

Isn't TotalBiscuit against betas or early releases but he chooses one that's not balanced / lacks content as his first?

Guess you can't lose your Blizzard roots.

pa22word

What souls game came out in 2015?

Dark Souls 2 Scholar, best game From released this year too ^_^

There's more complaining about these so called butthurt fans than there are butthurt fans.

Complaining? I find it hilarious, honestly. Any goty thread and there is bound to be some Souls fans in there always crying that the game didn't make it. As a big fan of the games myself, I find it pretty fun to watch the more sensitive side of the fanbase get their panties in a wad over someone not liking (or even playing! god forbid someone doesn't have a ps4...) the game as much as them.

Zomba13

Interesting list. Only issue I have is that maybe Overwatch shouldn't count because it's just a beta and not out yet? Then again people have been able to play the beta 40+ hours which is a good chunk.

It's just I feel giving GOTY awards to a beta/early access game before release is bad form because then what do you do in the year of release when it's actually out and (most likely) better? Give it another GOTY? Disqualify it because it got a GOTY when it wasn't even out? Give it another GOTY if you think it's the best game of that year as well? Obviously different people feel differently about it and have different ways of sorting that stuff out if it ever gets to it. I, personally, just feel like GOTY lists should stick to actual, fully released games and not betas/early access or demos no matter how complete an experience they are.

Top Bottom