• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 slated for 2017 in NA?

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/games/yakuza-0-ps4/

Release Date: 2017
Genre: Action / Adventure

Publisher: SEGA
Developer: SEGA

Hopefully typo? Although seeing how troubled Yakuza 5's release was, it's probably closer to the truth then we can imagine. I was looking forward to playing it this year too right off the heels of Yakuza 5.
Also had to doublecheck the announce trailer, it really only says "Coming to North America"

This also could mean we won't get the Yakuza 1 remake and Yakuza 6 would be 2018-2019.

TimmiT

If the release of Yakuza 5 is anything to go by, I doubt that Sega has a release date outside of "when it's done".

dreamfall

I don't doubt it! It'll make the wait even more unbearable, but I'll gladly get lost in Yakuza 5 for another year or so. Just happy it's been confirmed!

yfQ7Wdy.png
How did this not have a thread hours ago?
edit:hoping for a placeholder date

Uh... maybe placeholder date? Except instead of Dec 31, 2016, they put Jan 1, 2017 by mistake?

If the release of Yakuza 5 is anything to go by, I doubt that Sega has a release date outside of "when it's done".

On the other hand, yeah, it really wouldn't surprise me at this rate.

How did this not have a thread hours ago?

I just saw it in the Yakuza 0 hype thread, and posted it. It was like, what a mood killer.

And yeah it's no surprise, but coming off of Yakuza 5 just recently, that's a long gap of time especially with Yakuza 6 coming to Japan end of the year.

Was it ever specifically confirmed for 2016? I forget what they actually said at PSX, I was just hyped for it getting a English release at all.

Hopefully it'll be released in 2016, otherwise that means it'll take longer still to get stuff like Yakuza 6 in English.

javadoze

Welp...

...At least I have enough time to start playing and 100% Yakuza 5 now.

And buy a PS4 for that matter.

I thought this was obvious when they didn't announce a 2016 date during or after the conference. When Y5 was announced they made sure to say that it'd be released in 2015.

Well shit.

Makes me wish even more that Yakuza 5 was on PS4 to tide me over. Don't feel like buying another PS3 =[

Yakuza 5 on PS4 was never a reality, as it was never crossgen. The amount of effort involved in that probably would have been more than what the current localization was.

Yakuza 5 released in Japan in 2012. The first PS4 release in the series, Ishin, was 2014, along with the PS4 launch.

Yawnier

Banned
Ah, shit. Was hoping for late 2016.

I shouldn't have beaten Yakuza 5 so quickly then. Might replay some of the older games though.

Fjordson

Yakuza 5 on PS4 was never a reality, as it was never crossgen. The amount of effort involved in that probably would have been more than what the current localization was.

Yakuza 5 released in Japan in 2012. The first PS4 release in the series, Ishin, was 2014, along with the PS4 launch.
Yeah, makes sense. Honestly my fault for selling my PS3. I'm just glad it's on PS4 moving forward.

Maybe they can't get it out before the end of 2016 and rather than letting it get lost in the holidays they'll release it early 2017

Kouriozan

We're not into 2016 yet but we can start the "everything was 2017" and "2017 will be the best year for gaming" lists /s

Top Bottom