• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege is pretty broken (PS4)

MilesTeg

Banned
When is this getting patched?

Issues connecting to games.

After a match 80% of the time you get screwed out of your renown. Everyone has to quit and then restart the lobby.

Sometimes when going to select operator, the game gives everyone a blank screen and the only thing to do is close application.

Sometimes when joining a lobby, I can't hear other people talk until the select operator screen.

If you are in a party and go to Spotify, you are instantly booted and then need an invite. If you do it during a match you get booted out.

Glitching out after climbing up a building, this happens like every time.

I like the game but right now its a hassle to play and close to pointless as the majority of the time you dont even get your reward for playing.

Fix this shit ubisoft. I'm regretting downloading it when it was on sale for 45 bucks.

Yep. I had convinced a buddy to rent it. His first comment was that we spend more time in the menus and waiting in between rounds and reconnected to matches than actually playing. He's 100% right.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
It's like this on PC too, though not all the time. Last night was fairly smooth, but the week before was full of dropouts and server connection issues.

Grimsen

It's like this for all platforms. Issues vary in frequency depending on who you talk to, like anything intermittent, really.

Simo

Everything was smooth at launch. No server issues whatsoever for my experience but over the holiday break things have gotten worse but even that said I'm still getting in a lot of games and haven't had the renown issue in a few days.

moai

Yes. I get stucked on the smoke loading screen, not getting xp and i consistenly lose teammates that get kicked during the match, ruining it by making it uneven. If this game sold better there would be a bigger uproar on gaf. Its more broken than bf4 on launch

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Really exaggerating with that OP.

Really.

Really.

Aside from two of those things (since I'm in party chat, I can't tell), the OP's experience mirrors my own. So, not really?

Game's utterly fantastic. But also completely fucking horrible on the server front. It's just a mess.

Yeah, multiplayer is having a rough start. I hover 140ms lag in the evening and 90-100 off peak hours. Seems to be mostly a EU problem.

I'm confident they'll slowly patch the issues. The game needs justice because gameplay is fenomal.

Evolved1

The game has some real issues. But be honest about them, instead of pulling %'s out of our arses.

The stuck in place after repel glitch is pretty annoying, but it doesn't happen with the frequency the OP claims.

Just be honest. The issues are bad enough to warrant attention without exaggerating them.

Arnie

Issues are present but nowhere near as severe as the OP makes out.

95% of my experience with the game is that it's the best multiplayer shooter released on current gen thus far.

Grisby

Really.
Man, I feel like the games gotten worse since a bit after the launch. I've had a ton of issues, like the constant connection screen, the infinite loading when your squad is waiting to get into a match, crashes back to the main menu, connection drops (some of these are due to host leaving though) and just a not so great online experience.

I mean, the other night, I couldn't even touch the 'single player' situations stuff because the game hung on the trying to connect screen, which, let's not forget, always failed to login on the Xbox One before they patched it a bit ago or so.

It's a lovely, lovely game, but damn if it hasn't had some issues.

Hatchtag

Banned
Xbox One has some issues but not as many, at least from what i've seen:
-long match wait times happen occassionally, just need to restart the search
-getting stuck happens occassionally, usually fixable by crawling
-every once in a while can't select operators. not too often, but annoying when it does happen
-it doesn't say the name of the mode on the select operator screen. not a glitch but just really fucking stupid.
-also why isn't the store visible between matches? that's also dumb. that's probably when i most want to spend renown.
-screen tearing is occasionally very noticable

Haven't been jipped on renown once yet, though.

Evolved1

I never said the game doesn't have serious issues. It does, and it worries me, because I fear many people are (justifiably) turning away to other stuff.

I just think the OP could have done a better job, been more accurate.

owlbeak

Game was mostly fine on PS4 until a few weeks ago and has gone to shit really quickly. Hopefully they bust their ass this week and get the connection issues sorted out. I can deal with getting stuck on objects often, but not getting renown, getting disconnected mid-game, the smoke screen of death, and 10+ minutes to find a match are infuriating.

killroy87

Partying with a friend is damn near impossible for me. For some reason this game, and this game only, gives me huge NAT problems. It's frustrating as hell.

Nowhere the extent of issues of the OP, certainly not a fraction of enough to make post a thread with a title like that.

Sorry for your problems.

Ive never been on board with a game that is so god damn great but has such undeniable issues.
its odd.
Ill legitimately claim that this is the beat damn MP on current gen as well as the best FPS but yeah I wont be defending any issues.
Its just so strange, its like ubi WANTS to sink their own game and dont even realize what an amazing thing theyve created.

I must be an outlier because I've only had had a few disconnects and the renown glitch happen to me. Everything else has been fine.

It sucks that people are having issues. The game is fantastic.

The game is amazing, honestly one of the best multiplayer team shooters I've played in awhile but connecting to and finding a has been atrocious lately. Best part is, when you finally do get in, one of your friends will get booted from the match while selecting operators. On Xbox, but the Rainbow 6 reddit shows this is widespread on both systems.

Seriously, now are developers still able to launch with basically broken products? The gameplay is so damn good, but it took us an hour to get into a single match, and when we finally got to play and destroy the other team, we all got dropped and the the waiting began again. When is there going to be legal recourse for this stuff? Some accountability and consumer protection would be nice.

MilesTeg

Banned
The game has some real issues. But be honest about them, instead of pulling %'s out of our arses.

The stuck in place after repel glitch is pretty annoying, but it doesn't happen with the frequency the OP claims.

Just be honest. The issues are bad enough to warrant attention without exaggerating them.

I'm not exaggerating them. I played a lot last night and only got my renown twice. After we won a match 3-0 and got nothing we finally switched to BO3. I can't even complete the win two games with Ash challenge because the game fucks up after the match almost every time.

Game was mostly fine on PS4 until a few weeks ago and has gone to shit really quickly. Hopefully they bust their ass this week and get the connection issues sorted out. I can deal with getting stuck on objects often, but not getting renown, getting disconnected mid-game, the smoke screen of death, and 10+ minutes to find a match are infuriating.

10+ minutes to find a match? back out and re-search. don't let it go over a minute.

The influx of new players is really the reason right now (Not an excuse) but the game does use dedicated servers for EVERY pvp match.

It is easily the best MP game this gen and 95% of my time on the game has been issue free

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Really unfortunate since this is my FPS Game of the Year.

This took over Counter Strike for me and is crazy fun when it works. Sadly it looks like UBI was not prepared for the holiday sales.

KodaRuss

I must be getting really lucky because I have not experienced many issues at all. I have received all the renown that I am supposed to get and rarely have I had to wait a long time to get into a game.

I am Central Time Zone in North America and normally play at night, level 50 so I have definitely put some hours into the game as well.

Regardless, I hope Ubisoft gets it fixed for everyone because this game is really fucking awesome. Best PVP that I have played in a long time.

SexyFish

Banned
As someone who picked it up this weekend, not getting renown at the end of the matches has been the only issue I've had. Game is incredibly fun but Ubi definitely needs to iron out these issues if they don't want to lose players.

I am also having a much worse experience this year than I was at launch. I also convinced a friend to buy it and within a couple days it started having issues.

Just as many have expressed, I am loving this game when it's working. It has taken over for best FPS on console from Battlefield 4, which had been stale to me for many months.

Here is hoping the technical difficulties don't deter players from playing when things are working again.

KodaRuss

Stole this from Reddit (posted about an hour ago) but they are working on it. Hopefully they can get everything fixed quickly. This game is too good to have these issues

8688d602d095d216dd37181adad73028.png

Stole this from Reddit (posted about an hour ago) but they are working on it. Hopefully they can get everything fixed quickly. This game is too good to have these issues

8688d602d095d216dd37181adad73028.png

Translation: We were on vacation

But it's good they are working on it. The community is pretty big for a game that got almost no attention.

HiiiLife

Tried playing last night on ranked. Couldn't find a match at all for about 10-15 minutes. Gave up & switched to Netflix lol.

These are all issues I remember experiencing from the beta. How can the final game still have all of this!

The funny thing is: Server connections were fine before the patch (two weeks after release). Then everything got worse. Except for the blood color. They managed to fix it *slowclap*

It's like this for all platforms. Issues vary in frequency depending on who you talk to, like anything intermittent, really.

been playing on ps4 and xbox one since launch and the ps4 is by far the worst of the 2 in terms of errors and matchmaking issues

The amount of times i have been kicked out of ranked matches 4 rounds in and given a ban due to a connection issue is piling up

In addition to this we could not even get into a game due to a server capacity error message last night...jumped straight over to xbox one...no issues

xbox has some of the matchmaking issues but nowhere near the number of ones encountered on the ps4

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
These are all issues I remember experiencing from the beta. How can the final game still have all of this!

it doesn't.

At least, it didn't launch with it.

The game sold a ton over the xmas period, lots of new users at once plus some issues with patching has caused some server flubs it seems. I imagine it'll get fixed pretty quickly.

it doesn't.

At least, it didn't launch with it.

The game sold a ton over the xmas period, lots of new users at once plus some issues with patching has caused some server flubs it seems. I imagine it'll get fixed pretty quickly.

i know in aus the price is now AUD $49 in most retailers which is basically half price if you use EB pricing ($99)...lots of kids under MA15 on

Game is $50 on Amazon. I save $30 if I buy it

Hearing people Herald it as the best MP game this gen is what's going to make me hold out hope that Ubisoft gets its shit together. I just hope I dont regret the purchase and that the community stays strong because Im through purchasing full priced games

It's really unfortunate that Ubisoft released something like this, but it's quite interesting seeing people love this game to death and express such woe at the same time.

Game is $50 on Amazon. I save $30 if I buy it

Hearing people Herald it as the best MP game this gen is what's going to make me hold out hope that Ubisoft gets its shit together. I just hope I dont regret the purchase and that the community stays strong because Im through purchasing full priced games

It's really unfortunate that Ubisoft released something like this, but it's quite interesting seeing people love this game to death and express such woe at the same time.

I'm hopeful that it gets the support it deserves. It's absolutely the best MP game I've played in years. It's like Swat and Socom had a baby and made this. Every match, every single one will play out differently. It's awesome. The game is very addicting and the issues are exacerbated by the fact that connection issues are applenty. Even on PC. At least once an hour at a minimum we'll get a dropped connection or a freeze. Without fail. I've only put up with it because it really is the best shooter I've played in forever.

Draper

I'm always curious to know if these devs know they're pushing out a broken product and do it because of time restraints or if these were entirely unexpected.

"Broken" is a damn great exaggeration. Is networking a chore? Sure, but only with a squad. A lot of the issues I was having came down to my router. Once I switched my group saw a lot less issues in matchmaking.

Top Bottom