• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Chance |OT| The one thing that sci-fi shows on FOX rarely get – Wed 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

pTpeQPM.png

You may also remember this show as The Frankenstein Code or LookingGlass Lookinglass

Second Chance premieres on Wednesday 13 January 2016 on FOX at 9pm Eastern. The first episode debuted online on 25 December 2015.

What would you do with a second chance?

From executive producer/writer Rand Ravich (“Life,” “Crisis”) and Emmy Award-winning executive producer Howard Gordon (“Homeland,” “24”) comes SECOND CHANCE, a thrilling new action-drama about a man brought back to life by two scientists playing god in the quest to save one of their own lives.

Seventy-five-year-old JIMMY PRITCHARD (guest star Philip Baker Hall, “Modern Family,” “Magnolia”) is a shell of his former self. A drinker, a womanizer and a father who always put work before family, Pritchard was forced to resign as L.A. County Sheriff for corrupt conduct more than a decade ago. Now, some 15 unkind years later, he is killed when he stumbles upon a robbery at the home of FBI Agent DUVAL PRITCHARD, one of his two children. But death is surprisingly short for Jimmy, who is brought back to life by billionaire tech-genius twins MARY GOODWIN and her brother, OTTO, founders of the social networking empire, Lookinglass.

Resurrected as a younger, better version of himself, with physical abilities of which he never dreamed, a re-animated Pritchard is given a second chance at life. What will he do with it? Will he try to repair the damage he did to his family? Will he embrace a new sense of purpose or fall prey to old temptations?

Cast
bJqBu6h.png

• Robert Kazinsky as Jimmy Pritchard
  • Dilshad Vadsaria as Mary Goodwin
  • Adhir Kalyan as Otto Goodwin
  • Tim DeKay as Duval Pritchard
  • Ciara Bravo as Gracie Pritchard
  • Vanessa Lengies as Alexa

Media
Official trailer
'Redemption' promo
'Journey Back' promo
Second Chance inside look

Lastly: I don't remember Rob Kazinsky being such a beefcake.

Sober

So bump again for visibility. First episode airs tonight. If you've seen it discuss it to your heart's content.

"A Suitable Donor"

A 75-year-old man, who was killed after being forced to resign as Los Angeles County sheriff, is brought back to life as a younger version of himself with new physical abilities.

Sober

Anyone watching tonight or just recording it? :p

"One More Notch"

The power surge used to bring Pritchard back to life allows two murderers to escape from prison; Pritchard informs Duval that they're half-brothers.

Thank you for not making the OT all images so I could at least read it on mobile.

And Fox has given plenty of sci fi second chances.

Having said that, my wife and I will be watching this. Out of town but the DVR is set.

sarcastor

this show has potential. But why is the Indian woman named Mary Goodwin?

And why is the main star a British dude pretending to be a small town sheriff? Damn lies!

rtcn63

Fox is hit or miss when it comes to sci-fi (or fun original shows in general). Even then, the good programming usually gets moved to the Friday night death slot and offed after/before one season.

I like Second Chance, it's pretty entertaining if procedural.

KevinCow

Banned
I'm not American I don't know what channels are considered cool, so people automatically dismiss tv shows because they are on FOX? What's wrong with FOX?

It's not that Fox isn't cool. It's that it's hard to get invested in shows on Fox because they're most likely going to get cancelled unless they're a huge breakout hit.

TheDanger

Banned
It's not that Fox isn't cool. It's that it's hard to get invested in shows on Fox because they're most likely going to get cancelled unless they're a huge breakout hit.

I see well that sucks, so the chances of this show getting renewed are like below 50%? How much below?

wildbite

I'm enjoying this show. I was surprised they revealed Jimmy's true relationship to Duval so early on. I like the twins a lot too.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really enjoying this so far, so it'll be cancelled of course!

Mindlog

I was a little mystified by how glowing the praise was for The Expanse.
Anyone else believe this show has had a much better first (and likely last) season?

I fear CW/SyFy audience catering more than I do Netflix's sex and violence so if it does move somewhere then Netflix is my hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom