• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harvest Moon: Seeds Of Memories out now (Premium mobile game)

killercow

HARVEST MOON: Seeds Of Memories by Natsume_Inc:
https://itunes.apple.com/ûs/app/harvest-moon-seeds-memories/id1065599938?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

Out now, 9.99$

Trailer:
https://www.facebook.com/NatsumeInc/videos/10153755358438397/

**Please note HARVEST MOON: Seeds of Memories is compatible with iPhone 5S or later, iPad Air 1 or later, iPad Mini 2 or later, and iPod Touch 6 or later devices.**

A Memorable Harvest Moon Experience!

The original farming and life simulation game that started it all is now available on iOS with a full Harvest Moon experience and original story!

Tasked with the job of revitalizing a farm, you'll need to befriend the villagers in town to unlock the Seeds of Memories!
You might get one by giving a villager their favorite item, catching a giant fish, or by raising your first cow!

FEATURES
● Grow a variety of crops, flowers, and trees! See if you can discover new kinds of mutations!
● Raise livestock like cows, sheep, and chickens!
● Take your horse for a jaunt around town!
● Take care of pets like your trusty dog!
● With 10 marriageable candidates -- 5 guys and 5 gals -- everyone will be able to find that special someone they're looking for!
● Upgrade your tools to find the highest-quality items!
● Participate in contests and festivals like the Cooking Contest and Starry Night Festival!
● Cook, fish, forage, and mine to your heart’s content!

Harvest Moon has always been about building a successful life, which means running a successful farm, and also building a meaningful life with friends and family. It is completely up to you on how you accomplish that!

Are you up to the challenge of collecting all of the Seeds of Memories?

screen640x640.jpeg

screen480x480.jpeg

screen480x480.jpeg

screen480x480.jpeg

screen480x480.jpeg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
HARVEST MOON: Seeds of Memories is compatible with iPhone 5S or later, iPad Air 1 or later, iPad Mini 2 or later, and iPod Touch 6 or later devices.**

*looks-at-the-screenshots*

lol *premium*

Koobion

Oh man :( this looks pretty good to me, but I only own Android. Bummer. I've been looking for some kind of "premium" RPG to play on my phone.

"The original farming and life simulation game that started it all is now available on iOS with a full Harvest Moon experience and original story!"

It bothers me that Natsume continues to use the legacy of the Bokujou Monogatari (牧場物語) franchise to establish their credibility.

They are a completely different company from the studio that actually created Harvest Moon (Marvelous Entertainment), and yet you never get that perception reading their PR nonsense.

I wish they would just use a different IP name...but that's the nature of soulless business, I guess.

I think this looks pretty good! Graphically is nothing impressive, more rather on the lacking side, but gameplay seems just how I like it. Latest Harvert moon games are too focused on gimmics, instead on taking care of your farm. This is just like Friends of Mineral Town, my favourite one, so... I'm eager to play it! Have to wait until Android version, though.

On the other side....it's a bit sad that titles like this, that would be the bread and butter for 3DS and Vita ( more 3DS than vita IMHO...) are now relegated to mobile. It's a clear signal that handheld gaming as we know it is dying FAST. And that is so sad...

I think this looks pretty good! Graphically is nothing impressive, more rather on the lacking side, but gameplay seems just how I like it. Latest Harvert moon games are too focused on gimmics, instead on taking care of your farm. This is just like Friends of Mineral Town, my favourite one, so... I'm eager to play it! Have to wait until Android version, though.

On the other side....it's a bit sad that titles like this, that would be the bread and butter for 3DS and Vita ( more 3DS than vita IMHO...) are now relegated to mobile. It's a clear signal that handheld gaming as we know it is dying FAST. And that is so sad...

Except that there's a new title in the Bokujou Monogatari (牧場物語) (legitimate "Harvest Moon") franchise coming out for 3DS in Japan:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...rks-20th-anniversary-with-new-3ds-game/.97487

Knowing XSEED, that'll probably be localized.

Except that there's a new title in the Bokujou Monogatari (牧場物語) (legitimate "Harvest Moon") franchise coming out for 3DS in Japan:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...rks-20th-anniversary-with-new-3ds-game/.97487

Knowing XSEED, that'll probably be localized.

Didn't know that, thanks! Although by those images, seems more like the gimmicks- filled older HM I talked about but..I'll keep an eye of it.

I just want to play Friends of mineral town over and over again.

Pretty sure it's not. Natsume has split with the "Harvest Moon" developer.

Natsume is still a Japanese company employing primarily Japanese staff, though their games aren't developed for the Japanese market. I think.

Regardless of any digs at Japanese sensibilities, it's hetero or nothing here. Business as usual.

Natsume is still a Japanese company employing primarily Japanese staff, though their games aren't developed for the Japanese market. I think.

Regardless of any digs at Japanese sensibilities, it's hetero or nothing here. Business as usual.

Natsume created a brand new development studio in Tokyo (called Natsume Inc Japan) for their new "Harvest Moon" games when Marvelous no longer wanted them to localize the real Harvest Moon in America.

They are an American publisher owning a Japanese development studio.

There is another Japanese company called "Natsume Atari Inc," but they're not related to Natsume (the American publisher) at this time.

And yes, these games are created for Western audiences.

It bothers me that Natsume continues to use the legacy of the Bokujou Monogatari (牧場物語) franchise to establish their credibility.

They are a completely different company from the studio that actually created Harvest Moon (Marvelous Entertainment), and yet you never get that perception reading their PR nonsense.

I wish they would just use a different IP name...but that's the nature of soulless business, I guess.

surely this skirts as false advertising, the game using the Harvest Moon name that is

artsi

Yep, it's totally legal but misleading when people don't know what has happened behind the scenes.

It's like when Codemasters continued using Operation Flashpoint name (with subpar products) when the developers that made it good (Bohemia Interactive) split with their engine and assets to develop the ARMA series.

Isn't this coming to PC and Wii U too?

Yes, later in 2016.

Mobile first, PC + Wii U later.

Which clearly tells us where their priorities lie since they're going with the mobile release first.

It's likely that the PC + Wii U version will be a port of this one.

I saw the thread and thought to myself, awesome instant buy. Then I saw that art style. It looks like the shitty up-res ports Square have done with the FF games. Ill give it a miss for now.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Yes, later in 2016.

Mobile first, PC + Wii U later.

Which clearly tells us where their priorities lie since they're going with the mobile release first.

It's likely that the PC + Wii U version will be a port of this one.

They've said it won't be.

My suspicion was that it'd be basically the same game at a higher price with the IAP baked in, but if there's no IAP I really have no idea. As long as there's no pointless price disparity it'll be fine, I guess.

wildbite

I'm glad to see they made a game for iOS. I hope this leads to bigger and better Harvest Moon games. HM was a staple in my childhood of gaming.

Cherubae

Apparently, Marv never even made an effort to acquire the name. Interviews with Natsume's President confirmed that the change came out as a surprise to them. Although if you were a JP publisher, who typically partnered with a third-party company to localize your game in the West, and you acquired your own localization company, it makes sense to move the task internally. It's business.

Since Marv abandoned the name, Natsume has the right to use the brand they built and move forward with it.

There seems to be a lot of content in the mobile game. Farming, fishing, farm animals, people, foraging, tool upgrades, mining (where you dig for a staircase to move down floors), etc. Plus there's the collection aspect where you've to unlock memories (150 in total) so the villagers remember the importance of the farm near their town. It recycles a lot from Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley though, such as background music and fx sounds, but it runs smoothly enough on my iPad that I wouldn't expect it to be graphic intense (it is a mobile game after all).

There's no in-app purchases or persistent internet connection required. You just start it up and start farming.

studyguy

Natsume delivers another stinker.
They're really struggling out there without Marvelous developing.

Also remember, this is coming to PC as well.

Just as a reminder to people pining for a new Harvest Moon, this probably isn't very good - they haven't been good ever since Natsume started to make their own Harvest Moon games. Story of Seasons is the true Harvest Moon sequel. :v

Does this game allow same-sex marriage?

Likely not. Haha, what a poorly thought-out description.

Top Bottom