• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders pre-order is up on gog.com (Also coming to PS4)

Hopeford

I didn't know this was a thing but now that I do I need it even if it's terrible and even if I can't imagine the game being enjoyable since I already read the book.

Love the Cel Shading too, think it works really well with Golden Age murder mysteries.

Tizoc

I expect it to be a fun romp although not necessarily something mind blowing as say Tales from BLands, but you never know if it'll be a surprisingly entertaining game ala King's Quest Ep. 1.

Stiler

I want this to be good, but WTF is with the voice? Pleeeeeease tell me that's not Poirot's voice.

He's supposed to be from Wallonia.

That voice sounds like a VERY generic and monotonous UK accent, no where near fitting of Poirot.

What the heck were they thinking when they cast the voice? I mean this is going to be a voice at the forefront of the game, that you hear talking all game, why not get a GOOD voice actor with the right accent?

jesu

I want this to be good, but WTF is with the voice? Pleeeeeease tell me that's not Poirot's voice.

That voice sounds like a VERY generic and monotonous UK accent, no where near fitting of Poirot.

What the heck were they thinking when they cast the voice? I mean this is going to be a voice at the forefront of the game, that you hear talking all game, why not get a GOOD voice actor with the right accent?

Seemed like the guy who wrote the letter's voice to me.

psylah

What the heck were they thinking when they cast the voice?

giphy.gif

Verelios

Huh...always imagined Poirot having an annoyingly cloying eastern European accent. You tubed wallonia and that wasn't what I was expecting.

In case anyone's wondering about the voice acting, it's almost certainly the voice of ABC, not Poirot.

Poirot has a Belgian accent, and Hastings should be RP English if they're taking as much from the TV series as they seem to be (Poirot's outfit, Japp's moustache)

Hydderf

There is a mistake in the OP : the game is published, not developped, by the people who published Syberia.
ABC Murders is actually developped by Aretfacts-Studio (of Motoracer DS, Gods VS Humans Wii, Alice in wonderland DS and Brutus & Futée iOS semi-fame ;) )

Anyway, I hope you crime-solvers will like it !

They should pony up the cash to hire David Suchet

I think he's gone on record to say he's completely done with the role now. Poirot got a fitting send-off some years back and I imagine he wants to leave it that way.

Would be rad if they did get Suchet on board though. The definitive Poirot.

Top Bottom