• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Panther fanboys need to chill out

Status
Not open for further replies.

pel1300

Anyone else notice how Black Panther fanboys are overly vocal about how excited they are to see Black Panther beat the crap out of Cap and Bucky?

It's a little annoying, just because their idol is not as mainstream as the more iconic Marvel characters, they think that Black Panther beating Cap/Bucky in a fight = "Yeah we showed them non hardcore fans how our hero who you probably aren't familiar is so bad ass!"

Not to mention the whole "OMG I'm so excited to see conservatives get pissed off at an African nation being advanced without needing aid from western society!"

Neoxon

It's just hype for one of our favorite heroes finally being in the MCU. Let us have our fun.

Bit-Bit

Anyone else notice how Black Panther fanboys are overly vocal about how excited they are to see Black Panther beat the crap out of Cap and Bucky?

It's a little annoying, just because their idol is not as mainstream as the more iconic Marvel characters, they think that Black Panther beating Cap/Bucky in a fight = "Yeah we showed them non hardcore fans how our hero who you probably aren't familiar is so bad ass!"

Not to mention the whole "OMG I'm so excited to see conservatives get pissed off at an African nation being advanced without needing aid from western society!"

Yeah, but how do you really feel.

bengraven

namor.jpg

Well.

Magwik

Banned
Sounds like you're the one who needs to chill if the excitement over a fictional character bothers you so much

The Kree

Banned

WLzpyOC.jpg

Veelk

Banned
I have seen none of this. There are BP fans who seem to think he's basically a God, but I can also say that about.... Well, most superheroes' fan bases.

Not to mention the whole "OMG I'm so excited to see conservatives get pissed off at an African nation being advanced without needing aid from western society
!"

Why would that bother you specifically? It's a legit point and something they're excited about.

I hope this thread backfires on you OP because you're being a baby.

bengraven

Yeah, but how do you really feel.

tumblr_mcmckz961k1ro2d43.gif

Why would that bother you specifically? It's a legit point and something they're excited about.

I hope this thread backfires on you OP because you're being a baby.

I think he means this as a sibling to the argument that everyone loves Black Panther because loving BP means they're not racist.

Kind of like how everyone pushes Idris Elba so much.

Viewt

I don't see what the issue is, honestly. People have been hyping up their favorite superheroes since they started making these movies - so nearly twenty years.

Black Panther's rad, and his big fans know it. Let 'em have fun. It's harmless.

Eggbok

GOT DAMN OP LOL
Let them be excited
Also nofunallowed.jpg

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member

Hmm. I think you're projecting here.

Anyways, it's only natural for superhero fans to rally behind their favorite heroes, so I'll continue to be hyped for Black Panther.

SonnyBoy

LOL how dare they be excited about such a thing, the gall! In terms of realism in super hero movies, African nations not needing western aide is where we should draw the line. It's just totally unbelievable.

If I am introducing a new hero into a film that I plan to spin off into a major motion picture I am definitely going to want to make him look strong. Otherwise, who wants to see a movie about a weak ass guy in a panther suit?

Nah bro, Black Panther is about to go to work in civil war, can't wait. Two of my favorite comic character are coming to the screen this year when I thought there's be no chance in hell of them making it five years ago. Let me have this.

DC1

I came in here thinking 'Got Damn...a Beyonce hate thread' ... Then quickly realized that it's a proxy Beyonce hate thread.

Please tell me why folks can't enjoy the 3 second cut since where The Black Panther has the upper hand?

Can a brother have 3 seconds of funk without other folk complaining. Jezzzzz!!!

Arozay

He was in the new trailer for like 0.5 seconds, and people were like Black Panther hype!!!11

I don't know shit about the hero, but that's why I wanna see more of him. New guy effect.

He may finally figure out what makes a thread ban worthy
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1180895

Best part is that thread ends with this from Stumpokapow...

It looks like most of your locked threads over the last few years are five second one line comic book threads. We lock these because we want the people to come to Off-Topic to see a variety of stuff, not just walls and walls of comic book stuff.

So OP goes to make a thread on a comic book character.

LOOOL at OPs whiteboy Salt showing. T'Challa isnt just going to own Bucky. Steve, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye and Tony are about to get wrecked too.

Your tears are going to be sweet. Republican tears will be sweeter. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm taste so good. Its so delicious Im already drooling over the thought of you drowning in all that salty ocean like liquid.

THE PANTHER LIVES.

Oppo

oh man Op you missed the BEST part

Fox News equating comic Black Panther to the old radical Black Panther Party movement.

now that will be glorious

HylianHistorian said:
Would you say BP and his fans are being too uppity, even?
huehuehue

"as long as Mr. Panther learns his place, we'll all get along just fine."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom