• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool Sequel Reportedly In The Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinBB7

Update:

Cable confirmed [minor spoilers for the movie] http://comicbook.com/2016/02/08/deadpool-movie-sequel-announced-with-cable-joining-cast/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-sequel-works-863418

Fox is betting that audiences will not get a load of Deadpool when the movie opens this weekend but will immediately want more, which is why the studio is already working on a sequel.

Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, who wrote Deadpool, are writing the script for a follow-up, which has already been greenlit, insiders tell The Hollywood Reporter.

The fact that a sequel is in the works should not be a surprise at this point. Deadpool is tracking to open to at least $65 million over the upcoming four-day holiday weekend, with some estimates pointing north of $70 million.

Awesome news. Cable time?

CABLE!!!!!! Come to papa!!

4303356827_02648d615a.jpg

I thought Buried 2 would be his first sequel!!

I am the most under appreciated poster in all of GAF. I will never get the love I think i deserve. I just get banned for making a joke.

Penguin

I'm excited

First nails exactly what it needed to nail. And the marketing has been on a whole new level!

Spoilers

Apparently the 2nd credit sting that hasn't been shown yet hints at Cable for the sequel

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
We will see. I'm not saying it won't or that it will bomb but no one I know except a small group of people is seemingly aware of it, even people who liked stuff like Dredd and superhero stuff. I've done my part as I've got a small group going this weekend.

Ryan Reynolds has had a pretty disappointing career (imo) in the sense of work done because we all knows regardless he's a big star and makes a lot of money

Glad he found a role he was born to play. He should ride this for as long as he can.

man I hope all this positivity doesn't Jinx it. I was expecting a 21 million opening and Zoolander crushing it.

Hell no, Zoolander is niche man. That movie isn't gonna do that wel.

Deadpool will most likely make more opening weekend than Zoolander 1 made in its entire run.

sn00zer

I thought Buried 2 would be his first sequel!!

I am the most under appreciated poster in all of GAF. I will never get the love I think i deserve. I just get banned for making a joke.

I got this joke..... I actually really like Ryan Renolds in smaller movies. He takes on some really really weird roles.

JustinBB7

So if this makes gangbusters as an R rating they are all of a sudden gonna switch the tone to PG-13?

There was a petition to make it PG-13 so her son could see it. Or at least to make a separate PG-13 version. But FOX and Ryan said that wouldn't happen luckily.

But it might put the PG-13 idea in their heads, more money to be made with families going unfortunately. Deadpool fans will still see it regardless. So business wise it makes sense. I really hope they won't though. Ryan is also against it so hopefully if FOX is thinking about it he will stop it.

I think they lose a decent chunk of fan base with a switch. The reason why it's going to make so much money is because it's different in tone then everything else superhero wise while still having a popular comic figure in it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I have no interest in the film but it's nice superhero movies diversifying and still be successful. Fad is here to stay.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Hell no, Zoolander is niche man. That movie isn't gonna do that wel.

Deadpool will most likely make more opening weekend than Zoolander 1 made in its entire run.

Is this a serious post? Zoolander is a known property for one and while I didn't care for the original movie a lot of other people seemed to love it. I'd say it has much greater potential to do well than Deadpool for a variety of reasons.

JdFoX187

Banned
Is this a serious post? Zoolander is a known property for one and while I didn't care for the original movie a lot of other people seemed to love it. I'd say it has much greater potential to do well than Deadpool for a variety of reasons.

So the tracking reported in the very OP of this thread is wrong and Zoolander will do better? Think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom