• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 32: Kaôh Rng |OT| Anything that can Kaôh Rng, will.

Grexeno

slJI9Ln.png

90-minute season premiere at 8 PM EST on February 17, 2016.

THE CAST

Gh7m379.jpg

Link to individual cast videos

Meet the Cast

Jeff Probst Cast Assessment

CHAN LOH (BRAINS) TRIBE

Aubry Bracco (Age: 29)
Hometown: Cambridge, MA

Debbie Wanner (Age: 49)
Hometown: Reading, PA

Joe del Campo (Age: 72)
Hometown: Vero Beach, FL

Liz Markham (Age: 27)
Hometown: New York City, NY

Neal Gottlieb (Age: 38)
Hometown: Sausalito, CA

Peter Baggenstos (Age: 34)
Hometown: Minneapolis, MN

TO TANG (BRAWN) TRIBE

Alecia Holden (Age: 24)
Hometown: Dallas, TX

Cydney Gillon (Age: 23)
Hometown: Douglasville, GA

Darnell Hamilton (Age: 27)
Hometown: Chicago, IL

Jennifer Lanzetti (Age: 38)
Hometown: Salt Lake City, UT

Kyle Jason (Age: 31)
Hometown: Detroit, MI

Scot Pollard (Age: 40)
Hometown: Carmel, IN

GONDOL (BEAUTY) TRIBE

Anna Khait (Age: 26)
Hometown: Brooklyn, NY

Caleb Reynolds (Age: 28)
Hometown: Hopkinsville, KY

Julia Sokolowski (Age: 19)
Hometown: Boston, MA

Michele Fitzgerald (Age: 24)
Hometown: Freehold, NJ

Nick Maiorano (Age: 30)
Hometown: Redondo Beach, CA

Tai Trang (Age: 51)
Hometown: San Francisco, CA

noshten

Dis is gonna b gud,

Retired FBI Agents, Bounty Hunters, Ice Cream Entrepreneurs, ER Doctors, Pro Poker Players, Former NBA Players and lots and lots of health problems. I hope the old FBI Dude pulls through, I wish I would look like that when I'm his age.

llehuty

Thanks for making the thread. *Subscribes*

Really looking forward to this season, despite of CBS attempts of killing the hype region locking all the promo clips.

Rival

Gold Member
Does Caleb from Big Brother still call himself "Beast Mode Cowboy"? Because I don't know if I can handle an entire season of that stupidity.

Thanks for the new thread!

To be honest, I'm going in with pretty low expectations here. Not feeling anyone right now, and the whole med Evac thing in the preview has me wary. Hopefully it's better than I'm thinking.

Grexeno

Seriously.
The people in each category make no sense to me.

Brawns?

Beauty?

Am I missing something here?

Like usual, the Brains/Brawn/Beauty theme was decided after casting was complete.

Tai is a gardener, so his inclusion in Beauty makes sense.

BowieZ

Banned
First 5 minutes are up. Basically covers the marooning and stops after "39 daays, 18 people, 1 survivor".

http://www.people.com/article/survivor-kaoh-rong-first-five-minutes-preview-exclusive
Pumped.

I'm sure the season is going to sneak up and surprise us and be far better than anticipated, in much the same way that Cagayan did. It's the seasons that are loaded with comparative hype (Worlds Apart*) that result questionably. *Well, personally I enjoyed it apart from the nastiness.

I edited this season's logo for accuracy.

vxXSNIL.png
I lol'd

Pumped.

I'm sure the season is going to sneak up and surprise us and be far better than anticipated, in much the same way that Cagayan did. It's the seasons that are loaded with comparative hype (Worlds Apart*) that result questionably. *Well, personally I enjoyed it apart from the nastiness.

Yeah, those five minutes or so of Worlds Apart where folks weren't being super nasty weren't terrible.

Okay, yes, I know it was actually more than five minutes. It was more like 10.

Grexeno

With the lack of Probst hype, I think we're headed toward an under-the-radar winner.

So my winner pick is Michele.

The entire pre-merge was fine, but the merge was abysmal.

Yeah, that's pretty much the case. Unfortunately pretty much the whole merge was so nasty that it's hard to even really remember the pre-merge. That run of episodes with Dan's domestic violence "joke", Will's tirade and then Dan's victim blaming bit are probably the low point in the show's history.

The early episodes did have some great moments like Max's pretty hilarious downfall.

With the lack of Probst hype, I think we're headed toward an under-the-radar winner.

So my winner pick is Michele.

The last time we didn't get Probst hype was San Juan del Sur, right? And that turned out to be a pretty great season. At least we probably shouldn't be getting a bunch of real nasty fights this season, otherwise Jeff would be jizzing himself over how it was the greatest season ever.

LQX

I'm glad they stopped going after a cast full of beautiful people. Not saying they are ugly but they more average and normal.

Yeah, that's pretty much the case. Unfortunately pretty much the whole merge was so nasty that it's hard to even really remember the pre-merge. That run of episodes with Dan's domestic violence "joke", Will's tirade and then Dan's victim blaming bit are probably the low point in the show's history.

The early episodes did have some great moments like Max's pretty hilarious downfall.

Max's boot episode was probably the one good moment from that whole season. As it was happening, Vince's deluded, creepy misogyny seemed kind of funny (especially with Jenn there to mock him in confessionals), but given how the rest of the season played out, it becomes much more of a dire omen in hindsight.

Anyway, I like the lack of Probst-hype for this season. It bodes well. We've generally seen that what he likes in a season isn't the same as what most of us like in a season, so for him not to be raving so much is a good sign. (Or, at least, he's finally learned to keep his mouth shut.)

This seems like an OK cast only by the fact that no one really seems like they will have a chance to win and someone has to win, so I guess it will be unpredictable? Nick and Liz seem like front runners, but I could also see both of them going really early.

Camwi

Those pictures are mixed-up, right?

Like usual, the Brains/Brawn/Beauty theme was decided after casting was complete.

Tai is a gardener, so his inclusion in Beauty makes sense.

That's really stupid. The first BBB actually made sense with the cast members.

llehuty

I feel like this season is going to be quite disappointing on the winner side of things, because fan favourites or good players in general, could get completely screwed up for reasons outside of their hands (medi vacs, injuries, etc.). I know this is part of the game, but feels like in this season it's going to be more significative than in other seasons.

It's probably why Probst doesn't want to hype it up, to avoid backlash.

In any case, this will give a very unpredictable season, so at least, we will have that.

But anyway, HYPE, because new survivor is always a good thing.

Dinosur

What's the over/under on Caleb being pissed he's on the Beauty tribe instead of Brawn?

I fully expect his first interaction with Probst, whether at a challenge or tribal, to include some rant about how he embodies all brains, beauty, and brawn.

Hopefully he's one of the first boots cuz I just cannot handle that dude. Pre-show I'm pulling for Liz, but we'll see how long that actually lasts once the season starts.

What's the over/under on Caleb being pissed he's on the Beauty tribe instead of Brawn?

I fully expect his first interaction with Probst, whether at a challenge or tribal, to include some rant about how he embodies all brains, beauty, and brawn.

Hopefully he's one of the first boots cuz I just cannot handle that dude.

I see him having very little camera time. I think his casting will probably be a complete bust. Think to his camera time on BB and it's all goofs and him being a psycho, all stuff that would never get air time on Survivor unless it's his boot episode, like crazy dude from World's apart.

I have Peter and Michele in my Survivor pool. I'm feeling good about my chances! Also, if Peter is medically evacuated, I get $5 back.

I'm ready for a season full of castaways huddled in a piss-poor shelter being rained on for weeks. It might shape up to be a great season.

Top Bottom