• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Midna speaks in scrambled English (Twilight Princess Fun Fact)

Now here's something that I completely forgot: Midna's voice is actually English that has been scrambled! This video has unscrambled some of her lines. She sounds really cute tbh, I think it would have worked just as well if they left it unscrambled.

latest

BY2K

Membero Americo
The sound of the slime dudes from The Wind Waker is two Japanese man arguing speed up and played backward.

Rndm

That's new to me. Really cool. I always thought that whenever she said something it seemed to be some edited voice but I never thought that her words actually meant something even in the context of the game. I expected it to be some gibberish just edited together to make it sound mysterious.

And for no reason I just watched the ending, recorded the audio in audacity and reversed the entire thing. Well, only when she says "rebase" (the word "Link" is in the subs and the last thing she says a bit later is subtitled "see you later") you can understand "see you in a few." I thought that was pretty cool.

Would be cool to hear what she says at the end. But they seem to have done more chopping and speed changes and not just reversing for most of it.

Still really cool fun fact I didn't know about. Makes my memories even more precious.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
This does make me wonder what's up with Fi's voice. After a quick search I haven't found any unscrambling of her noises so is she just straight up gibberish Hylian like Zelda's singing in that game?

Top Bottom