• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Over 8 million people have signed up for the Overwatch beta test

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, if nothing else, at least there are a lot of people interested in trying it.

Seeking Alpha said:
So you're right, we don't typically provide sales guidance. But what I can say is we're extremely excited about Overwatch. It's an important step for us into a new genre that we think has a ton of potential. We have seen a very positive response from players, over 8 million players have signed up for the beta test.
Source: http://seekingalpha.com/article/389...-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

Not a complete surprise to me, since everyone I know that plays on PC signed up for it, even my friends that never touch FPSes. I'd be curious to know how many have been invited, and maybe some numbers on previous Blizzard betas (specifically, Hearthstone).
Might make those of us in Onlywatch feel better about still waiting to play...

JustinBB7

Well that explains why I'm not in it still. Nice numbers though. A lot of people don't even sign up for these things as well.

Jawmuncher

8 Million have signed up.
We've only let less than 500,000 play it through the beta test though.

Freaking Blizzard boasting about sign ups and leaving the majority of us to dry.

BraXzy

Jesus that's an insane number. Congrats to Blizzard I guess.

But damn, no wonder I haven't gotten an invite xD

I got an invite as soon as they announced the closed beta, but I'm on a mac, and it's not powerful enough to play Overwatch even in bootcamp.....

I still play SC2 consistently, which is why I think I got the invite.

Elandyll

Banned
For a sec I thought "The Gearbox Moba-ish FPS? That's darn good!" but then I realized it's the Blizzard Moba-ish FPS...

Not surprised by the number (it's obviously really good)... It's Blizzard after all. :)

Fuck

Can 7,999,999 of you guys unsign up so I can get in

Blizzard pls I've played all your games, I've brought hearthstone packs and heroes of the storm skins, let me in ;_;

Blizzard

Blizzard pls

Maxey

Just signed-up. Dunno why I didn't do it before after I saw the Giant Bomb Unfinished of it, as it looked super slick.

Speely

Banned
Yeah, if it makes that targeted June launch, it's going to own the summer.

It will. Look at it right now. More polished than some final releases I can think of. I don't think people are ready for this release. Again, Blizz is really smart about this kind of thing. They have created yet another iconic IP. Damn impressive, tbh. This shit is not easy.

I wish they would release it on Mac. They have Mac versions of everything else.

Would be cool, but my late 2013 rMBP with a dedicated GPU (Nvidia 750m) can't even handle Overwatch. There are so few macs capable of handling the game, and Apple keeps removing dedicated GPUs from newer models. The latest 21 inch iMac doesn't even have one! I can see why they aren't releasing it on mac.

Top Bottom