• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 patch and DLC hitting tomorrow - improves loading and performance

Gnasher

Neo Member
Just installed the patch on Xbox One (3GB) aaaaaand
tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

Didn't change a thing. Just as unplayable as before. I have no way to measure the framerate here, but it feels exactly like it did before. Maybe it's 22 instead of 19 fps now? I don't know.

This is fucking embarrassing.

Hmm guess this stays as one for the future then.... if they could only sort that frame rate out i'd bite!

ArjanN

Depends on your specs. On a single 970 i5, I run the game 70-80fps no issues.
The only slowdowns are super huge explosions but its runs pretty well otherwise.

Same for me, but I built a new PC this year.

Still, the shorter load times would be nice, especially for sake of the challenge stuff.

Neoxon

So the DLC update basically allows you to play as Falcon as you infiltrate the Helicarrier. Am I wrong?

Corpekata

Banned
Really hope the initial load is fixed considerably. Game runs well on my PC, but that initial 2 minuteish load really dampers my desire to play the game. It's a game I like to jump into for 15-30 minutes for quick bursts, and the inability to get into the game fast really kills momentum.

geomon

I'm still waiting for the Scorpion Gun DLC Gamestop is supposed to give us for our decision to preorder. It'll be released "someday".

I would really love to get back into it, but like Watch_Dogs before it (no shooting out of cars), one admission left the game feeling fundamentally poorly designed (lack of sprint.)

I meant I get trying to push people to get creative with the movement tools but leaving out sprint in a 2016 game is just embarrassing.

This and no duck. Both were in JC2, both things I used, and both things I noticed immediately were missing.

abracadaver

Just bought it on sale. Hows this gonna run with a i-5 , 16 gig of ram, and a r9 390? before the patch obviously...

In 1080p you should have no problem getting 60fps with almost everything on highest settings

Some settings can be turned off/down to increase performance with almost no visual impact. (Bokeh DOF for example)

In 1080p you should have no problem getting 60fps with almost everything on highest settings

Some settings can be turned off/down to increase performance with almost no visual impact. (Bokeh DOF for example)

Thanks! now just to wait till its done downloading. I'll try and beat it before the Division comes out.

B4D1E

This and no duck. Both were in JC2, both things I used, and both things I noticed immediately were missing.
There is a duck hidden in one of the lake. Check some videos on YT. Achievement Hunter did one in the 1st month if I remember correctly.

Of course... I hope the PC version fares better.

I know it's not a big deal in the scheme of things, but I wish they would fix motorcycle handling. Goddamn atrocious. Still happy to see some patching and improvements. Still thinking about season pass...
Turned it on, flew around, blew some stuff up. I definitely didn't notice any reduction in performance. Will report back tonight after more extensive destruction and more loads.
This is my biggest complain, too. I really hope they fix motorcycle handling... it's broken.

Mine as well, so disappointing, IDK how anyone there thought motorcycle handling was even remotely acceptable, I was actually looking forward to driving in the game too.

B4D1E

I tested the game this morning on Xbox One, for just a few minutes. The load time hasn't increased. Is it me or aliasing is worse than before. And last but not least, the supposed increased draw distance just showed a bunch of houses with no textures.

I'll try to test for a much extended time, but I'm not positive about this patch!

Edit: I was able to test for a longer time. Apparently the bad aliasing and the texture in the draw distance were due to the game still loading. I didn't encounter those issues after a few minutes. The performance were good, I liberated a base on an island in Scirocco,and despite huge explosions, the framerate didn't dive like crazy.

I hope they'll continue to improve the game. I have a lot of fun, despite those issues.

danowat

Banned
Just got round to trying the new patch, and not only is the loading times massively increased, I also have no weapons, parachute or grappling hook to use.

SilentRob

Just got round to trying the new patch, and not only is the loading times massively increased, I also have no weapons, parachute or grappling hook to use.

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere you have to wait up to 5 minutes now until those functions are loaded into the game world and you can use them? Somehow?

danowat

Banned
I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere you have to wait up to 5 minutes now until those functions are loaded into the game world and you can use them? Somehow?
Yup, you're right, I had to sit there for 5mins to be able to play after it was loaded.

The game is fucked, doesn't save either, save icon just sits there flashing all the time but not saving.

SJRB

Gold Member

What?

Yup, you're right, I had to sit there for 5mins to be able to play after it was loaded.

The game is fucked, doesn't save either, save icon just sits there flashing all the time but not saving.

WHAT??

Wow this is a trainwreck.

vypek

This is absolutely awful. They just don't care about the game at all. Just going to pump out their DLC (if they can even finish releasing that) and call it a day. Atrocious.

danowat

Banned
This is absolutely awful. They just don't care about the game at all. Just going to pump out their DLC (if they can even finish releasing that) and call it a day. Atrocious.
It wasn't great before the patch, but I found it playable at least, I know others didn't though.

It's pretty much unplayable now.

vypek

It wasn't great before the patch, but I found it playable at least, I know others didn't though.

It's pretty much unplayable now.

I ran into my fair share of issues playing before the patch but reading about the situation here I don't think I want to boot up again. I doubt I'll have better luck.

Top Bottom