• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Creative Writing Challenge #1986 - "Creatively Bankrupt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashes

Banned
See the last thread. Follow the damn trail. All the way to its ghastly end.

Where's the last thread? Here.

Closed for entries. Voting is now open:

----

Entries

Applemancer
Cyan
felon
FlowersisBritish
James Joyce [ineligble - he's dead jim]
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mike M
MilkBeard
Mu Cephei
Rabindranath Tagore
Schlocky
Sober
Tangent

VOTING DEADLINE:

t1460448000z4.png

NeoGAF Creative Writing Challenge FAQ
Previous Challenge Threads and Themes

Cyan

Banned
Ashes, what have you done?!?!

You might want to put at least enough info for total newbies to figure out the basics.

Ashes

Banned
Basic info for newbies and oldies alike:

* No word count - aim for 1500 words
* Theme: The Grey Area - Use as inspirational starting point or stick to it like glue
* send me your entry in a pdf form via pm
* I'll chuck all entries into a single pdf anthology.
* Vote for your top three
* read along with others and try and guess who wrote what

Basic info for newbies and oldies alike:

* No word count - aim for 1500 words
* Theme: The Grey Area - Use as inspirational starting point or stick to it like glue
* send me your entry in a pdf form via pm
* I'll chuck all entries into a single pdf anthology.
* Vote for your top three
* read along with others and try and guess who wrote what

Awesome. Thanks for clarifying! :)

Ashes

Banned
Send it however you guys want. I will be doing the least amount of work that I can get away with.
If you want to be safe, stick to popular fonts.

Sober

Just do what Cyan did last time and just format them all to the same text and spacing and whatever.

Anonymous though eh, sounds like I gotta get on this.

mu cephei

I didn't take part in the last one (I think), but I know I read them, and I was really terrible at guessing who wrote what, I'm not sure I got any right. It was much more difficult than I expected.

Mike M

Nick N
I didn't take part in the last one (I think), but I know I read them, and I was really terrible at guessing who wrote what, I'm not sure I got any right. It was much more difficult than I expected.
Everyone's batting average on it is pretty terrible.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Oh wow, I forgot about that. Pretty impressive Mike. And we had a pretty big pool that round too. Doubt this'll be as big, so getting them all right should be no problem for you again this time.

You know, I was thinking during 50 shades of grey: "this would be better if Grey was a vampire". Dat theme, yo.

edit: also Aliens V Cobra: 'You're the disease. I'm the cure." *explodes xeno* And obviously the acid results in senseless death and destruction.

Applemancer

Neo Member
What if 50 Shades of Grey was a thriller about a woman who blackmailed the CEO of a popular Christian publisher with secretly recorded audio logs of his super kinky BDSM relationship with her?

Cyan

Banned
Reminder that there'll be a writing hangout in about an hour and a half. Details half an hour prior.

MilkBeard

Finally got something solid down to work with. I actually have two stories, but decided on the second one I came up with. I might write out the other one anyway just for the heck of it.

Cyan

Banned
Taking a break in between finishing a giant work project and starting my usual Friday reports. Maybe I'll do some writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom