• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square looking into DX12/Vulkan based PC version for FFXV?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
A good PC version could be glorious. I don't even mind waiting a year or so.

Look how GTAV turned out on PC.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
So a PC version is officially confirmed?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Dark Souls 2 already set this kind of precedent with different DX versions of the same game. Wouldn't be that strange.

Mivey

Of course, they need DX12 to bring it to the Windows Store, only on Windows 10. No other way to maximize PC sales.

Sanpunkan

I think a PC port is an inevitability at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if they also have plans for an "enhanced edition" for PS4K, Xbox 1.5, or whatever you want to call them.

So a PC version is officially confirmed?

It's not officially confirmed but they are openly discussing that they'll be looking into it once the console versions are out.

It's basically inevitable, but they won't begin talking about a potential timeline until the September console launch.

Dark Souls 2 already set this kind of precedent with different DX versions of the same game. Wouldn't be that strange.

SE has already done it with FFXIV

I dunno. Sounds kinda April Foolsy. Especially after what they just said about a PC version.

I don't really see how this contradicts that. They didn't say that there wouldn't be a PC version, just that they aren't currently working on it and want to finish the console release first. This just says that if they get around to it, they might make a higher spec version.

I think a PC port is an inevitability at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if they also have plans for an "enhanced edition" for PS4K, Xbox 1.5, or whatever you want to call them.

If they need 10 million sales they're definitely going to be taking advantage of porting/remastering the game.

Shin-Ra

What's "DX11 generation tech" in the context of a console-focused game that has no reason to be limited by that API?

impact

Banned
Of course, they need DX12 to bring it to the Windows Store, only on Windows 10. No other way to maximize PC sales.

If this ends up being Win10 store only SE can fuck off

I understand why a Microsoft game would be exclusive, but anything else ain't gonna be supported by me.

Bsigg12

After playing the new demo, I definitely would prefer to play this on a PC for performance. Hopefully it's a good port.

komorebi

If this ends up being Win10 store only SE can fuck off

I understand why a Microsoft game would be exclusive, but anything else ain't gonna be supported by me.

No way it'll happen, Square likes Steam. So much so that in some games you had to always be connected to it.

Imagine if it was W10 Store only
YRunztu.gif
YRunztu.gif
YRunztu.gif

ZMkGYxp.gif

Top Bottom