• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Codemasters welcomes the team from Evolution Studios

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://blog.codemasters.com/community/04/codemasters-welcomes-the-team-from-evolution-studios/

Much more at the link above.

We have very exciting news today. We’re delighted to announce that on the 25th April, Codemasters will be expanding its portfolio of studios to include the highly-respected and very talented team from Evolution Studios.

Why are we so excited? Well, that should be pretty obvious! Over the last 30 years, Codemasters and Evolution Studios have created some of the most successful racing franchises in the industry, including GRID®, DiRT®, DRIVECLUB and MotorStorm. This expansion will not only see us gain a wealth of racing expertise and skill, but it’ll take Codemasters to the next level as the world’s largest racing-focused games company. With phenomenal racing DNA on both sides, we hope that gamers out there are excited to see what we do next – as are all of us here at Codies.

We’re also delighted that Mick Hocking – formerly of Evolution Studios – will be taking the position of VP Product Development at Codemasters; a role which will see him responsible for all of the company’s studios – including the addition of the now multi-platform Evolution team in Cheshire.

data

I know this is a good thing, but a part inside of me is sad that they didn't do the same with Studio Liverpool. :<

Mogwai

Good news!

Codemasters seems to be getting back in the game.

Btw: I hope Codemasters didn't buy Evolutions's boost gimmick. Leave that :D

hamchan

Awesome. I think Evolution could contribute a lot to improving the F1 and Grid games (Dirt is already awesome).

Footos22

According to the gamesinsutry article its people only, tech and ip are not with them.

They will be staying as a team making a new ip with new tech for multiple platforms.

Great news.

Withnail

Great news. I thought something like this might be on the cards because the Evo guys on Twitter stayed surprisingly positive and optimistic through the studio closure announcement.

Excellent to hear that Evolution's talent aren't going to be standing in the unemployment line. Best wishes to them in their new endeavors with Codemasters.

Top Bottom