• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubi fills a trademark for ''1666'' which was Patrice Desilets THQ game

FelipeMGM

The games was known as ''Amsterdam 1666'' when Desilets moved from Ubi to THQ. After the bankrupcy of THQ Ubisoft bought THQ Montreal and some of their IP's including ''1666''. Desilets then kept working with Ubisoft in the game but then he left the company for the second time. He tried many times to get the IP back, but was unsuccessful so far
CgVOqteWwAAg_4j.jpg:large

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4803:gd6iwn.7.1

Averon

This really sucks for Desilets. Tried so hard to get away from Ubisoft only to fall right back onto their arms and have his new IP taken from him.

I'm never going to see the game of the crow as it was intended :(
Still hyped to see Amsterdam 1666 becoming a thing. Don't fuck it up Ubisoft

Basically saved there cash cow (ac2 ) and they've done everything in there power to not let him create his own game.

If they were smart they would have brought him back to revitalise assassins creed .

But I guess it's easier to just churn out clones with new time periods .

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Maaaaaaaan, 17th century Amsterdam was such a cool idea. Really hope Desilet actually gets to make 1666 some day, in some form.

Been in a business situation with some parallels to this. Just thinking about it is infuriating.

Best of luck Patrice

I won't support this disgusting company in this

Tamanator

Been in a business situation with some parallels to this. Just thinking about it is infuriating.

Best of luck Patrice

I won't support this disgusting company in this

I'm very tempted to do the same, Just shows the terrible business practices Ubisoft are willing to partake in. So they cancelled the game and forced out Patrice, and then quietly restart its development a year or two later?

The way Ubisoft have handled this situation makes me hope that Vivendi successfully takes control of them. The irony would be great.

jelly

I'm no fan of companies but have Ubisoft done anything wrong other than owning what is theirs after buying some of THQ?

I remember reading they haven't treated him well so no sympathy there but the rest, isn't that clear cut and only terribly bad luck for Desilets

Basically saved there cash cow (ac2 ) and they've done everything in there power to not let him create his own game.

If they were smart they would have brought him back to revitalise assassins creed .

I dunno man. Do you remember his quote about the collectibles?

"But that's all my fault by the way. I assume it fully. I wanted to show gamers that sometimes collection is just a useless waste of time. So I put in four hundred and twenty flags that were useless. And I knew it. "

Seems like he might have been the very genesis of the current Ubisoft trend of tick-box gaming, not a potential saviour from it. (Though to be fair to him, he said he wouldn't do it again.)

Evil Ubisoft... You earned another -1000 karma, which should put your karma score at -1666 which puts the rating at Absolutely Disgusting!

meanspartan

What a garbage move. Sometimes just because you can do something legally, doesn't mean you should. Especially to the guy who made the pre-shit Assassin's Creed games.

jelly

I dunno man. Do you remember his quote about the collectibles?

Seems like he might have been the very genesis of the current Ubisoft trend of tick-box gaming, not a potential saviour from it. (Though to be fair to him, he said he wouldn't do it again.)

Ha, no way but what he didn't see coming was OCD gamers doing all that rubbish and Ubisoft reacting accordingly, the stats don't lie.

Dennis

Banned
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Ubisoft was like: "Hmmm, it has been a while, we should kick Patrice around some"

Top Bottom