• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead could be brought 'back to life' in groundbreaking project led by Bioquark Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akiller

A biotech company in the US has been granted ethical permission to recruit 20 patients who have been declared clinically dead from a traumatic brain injury, to test whether parts of their central nervous system can be brought back to life.

Scientists will use a combination of therapies, which include injecting the brain with stem cells and a cocktail of peptides, as well as deploying lasers and nerve stimulation techniques which have been shown to bring patients out of comas.

Dr Ira Pastor, the CEO of Bioquark Inc. said: “This represents the first trial of its kind and another step towards the eventual reversal of death in our lifetime.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...ought-back-to-life-in-groundbreaking-project/

This surely can't end up into something bad.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Agents of SHIELD was right

tumblr_mz5m8oAP0N1qgqdiio5_500.gif

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Keep me alive forever science. I don't care if I go all Pet Cemetery on people's asses.

Maiorum

..test whether parts of their central nervous system can be brought back to life..

They will be monitored for several months using brain imaging equipment to look for signs of regeneration, particularly in the upper spinal cord - the lowest region of the brain stem which controls independent breathing and heartbeat.

Oh look, more clickbait headlines.

cirrhosis

I'd post some meme crap but instead I'll just say that i bet this is gonna be a load of shit

On the other hand now my words are now preserved for future generations to laugh at and talk about how wrong my initial expectations were.

Ahasverus

The story does sound like a bit of viral marketing for a zombie thing, but whatever, it's time for medical science to face its biggest and most trascendent challenges, death being one of it. Good luck to the scientists and hopefully they strike success.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'd post some meme crap but instead I'll just say that i bet this is gonna be a load of shit

On the other hand now my words are now preserved for future generations to laugh at and talk about how wrong my initial expectations were.

Don't worry. They'll be too busy running from the hordes of shambling undead to chill out on the interwebs.

Jebusman

Banned
Bioquark is a terrible name and I hope whoever does eventually bring us immortal life can come up with a catchier name.

Please if this ever actually worked it'd be reserved for the rich people. All of us neogaf plebs would still die. Maybe Tabris could make it he sells that sweet apartment though.

Someone stop them. Their company name even sounds like the kind of company that would accidentally create zombies.

The tech itself sounds cool as heck though.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.

adj_noun

Bioquark is a terrible name and I hope whoever does eventually bring us immortal life can come up with a catchier name.

The ReAnima Project has just received approach from an Institutional Review Board at the National Institutes of Health in the US and in India, and the team plans to start recruiting patients immediately.

Do we like ReAnima?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom