• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Frontier |OT| Another supernatural Wild West Advance Wars-like (iOS)

From Mika Mobile, developers of the Battleheart, Battleheart Legacy, and others

$2.99 (iPad, iPhone)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vc8eBJrMfc
http://www.mikamobile.com/lost-frontier/

Lost Frontier is a turn-based strategy game, brought to you from the creators of the Battleheart and Zombieville series'. In a fantasy-western setting consumed by steam-punk technology and the supernatural, can you survive with just your wit and a six-gun at your side?
  • Story Mode - Play through 24 chapters that introduce you to the gameplay, characters, and world of Lost Frontier.
  • Challenge Mode - once you've mastered the mechanics, put your knowledge to the test in a series of 20 demanding missions.
  • 20 Unique Unit types - take command of a wide range of Wild West forces, from Gunslingers and Cavalry to civil-war era Cannons and Gatling Guns. Or, employ more exotic weapons like steam-powered Gyrocopters and Zeppelins, and enlist the help of dark forces like Werewolves and Necromancers.
  • Living Legends - choose a "Living Legend" as the leader of your forces. Each of the 9 unique legends grow in power as you play with them, and promote different play styles. Will you pick your foes off from a distance as Wyatt "Long-Arm" Wilcox, or focus on brute force with the help of ace gunslinger John "6-eyes" McGraw?
  • Custom Games - choose from a variety of maps, set up the rules, and play with or against AI or human players via local, hot-seat play.
screen640x640.jpeg
screen640x640.jpeg

screen640x640.jpeg
screen640x640.jpeg

Great timing for release since I just finished the Warbits campaign a couple days ago. Loving the surgence of AW-like games on mobile all of a sudden.

Thanks for the info about this. For 2.99, I figure it's worth just biting the bullet and purchasing, so that's what I've done. It's downloading now, I can't wait to see how it plays. It looks like it will be a fun little title.

awp69

So what separates this from Warbits other than the theme? I still haven't finished that (hint: I suck at it).

Emarv

My most anticipated iOS release. Downloading now.

So what separates this from Warbits other than the theme? I still haven't finished that (hint: I suck at it).

Warbits was like a complete unabashed AW clone. This seems to have a little more variation on that framework, at least from what I've seen so far.

My most anticipated iOS release. Downloading now.

Warbits was like a complete unabashed AW clone. This seems to have a little more variation on that framework, at least from what I've seen so far.
Pretty much. I haven't gotten too far into Warbits but this seems more turn-based strategy puzzler inspired by AW than straight AW-like. Ranged units can attack a distance, but can't move and shoot in the same turn. Damaged units do less damage. Medics can heal but can't attack or counter-attack. And so on. The defined abilities of units gives it more of a chess feel IMO, where movement and attack range is critical

Emarv

I'm loving this. Mika is so great at small design. Love all the art, love the feel when you attack. Everything in Warbits was a little too perfunctory. Lost Frontiers just feels good.

I love the campaign so far. Less emphasis on unit production than Warbits but really smart map design and concepts. Doesn't feel too easy just yet and the focus is really tight.

Mika does it again!

Top Bottom